Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Re: iPhone

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, did anyone see Cingular in a few months will change its name to ATT? Horrid idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. It's a long, long standing name (122 years). Only brings them more cred than the 6 year old Cingular name. Maybe all the old folks that have been afraid of cell phones will be more likely to get one if their trusted friend AT&T is providing the service.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cancelled all SBC services when i saw my first "AT&T" bill and i have that [censored] email address for 15+ years (pacbell prior).

AT&T can lick the back of my balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? You hate AT&T because they merged with SBC? Do you have a more rational reason than that?
Old 01-10-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, did anyone see Cingular in a few months will change its name to ATT? Horrid idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. It's a long, long standing name (122 years). Only brings them more cred than the 6 year old Cingular name. Maybe all the old folks that have been afraid of cell phones will be more likely to get one if their trusted friend AT&T is providing the service.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cancelled all SBC services when i saw my first "AT&T" bill and i have that [censored] email address for 15+ years (pacbell prior).

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? You hate AT&T because they merged with SBC? Do you have a more rational reason than that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty obvious he hates AT&T for other reasons and canceled with SBC because they were bought by AT&T (and didn't want to give his business to AT&T).
Old 01-10-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty obvious he hates AT&T for other reasons and canceled with SBC because they were bought by AT&T (and didn't want to give his business to AT&T).

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured, he just failed to list anything but losing his email address.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:45 AM

They just sent me a big official thing forcing me to change the name on my checks FROM ATT&T to CINGULAR.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:52 AM

man, it sucks, this wont be coming out in asia (and i assume that australia is lumped in there) till 2008:S i probably wouldnt buy it to replace my ipod anyway with 8gig, but would probably get the 2g eventually..

this thing is mad, but im disappointed they didnt release a 'dedicated' widescreen ipod - i dont like waiting for my gadgets, and i wouldnt have to wait as long if they did that. sigh.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty certain it is going down. First off, the Ohio St vs. Florida BCS game they ran a commercial for it. After seeing that clip I call up a long time friend who works in a cingular store for a few years. He states before Sept it will be changed over to the name of ATT.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:17 AM

I feel like if I deprive myself all semester I could afford one of these, but the monthly plan would murder me. I really, really want one, though, and may be able to justify it if I become PowerPoint consultant to the stars by the time June rolls around.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:24 AM

It's cool but what the heck took them so long. That's obviously been the future for like 5 years now.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:44 AM

i am really bummin right now that this is only gonna be out for cingular. due to the fact that i have verizon i will not be able to get this
Old 01-10-2007, 07:35 AM

Wow. I don't own an ipod and my Palm is languishing in a file box around here somewhere. I would buy this in a heartbeat if Cingular had decent service in rural areas. This is the device I've been waiting for.

On another note, every time I'm in an Apple store I call the hubby and tell him to buy more stock. He made out sweet today!

Our daughter is in the middle of a stock market unit at school too and "bought" Apple for her portfolio.

Welcome to the dark side my new friends!

The Poker Mom