Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Isle Pompano Beach, Fl MTT ?

Hi I am new to 2 + 2, but I was wondering if anyone here has played in the MTT's at the Isle pompano? specifically the Sunday tourney. How well are they run? how is the structure? what is the turnout like? I am thinking of playing this tourney on sept 16th so any insight would be grately appreciated. thanks,

cygnus21
Old 08-27-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Isle Pompano Beach, Fl MTT ?

Hey......

I've played only two tourneys at the ISLE, I have not played the Sun $350...

The two that I played were smaller buyins, and I was not fond of the fast blind structures and the pastel colored chips are horrible two identify from across the table...The ISLE has no tourney software in use, and the Palm Beach Kennel Club really seems to have it together when it comes to tourneys (Including a separate room just for tourney play)

For cash games I love the ISLE, but tourneys I am playing exclusively at the Palm Beach Kennel Club....

You can PM me if you want...
Old 08-27-2007, 04:45 PM

BTW.....I just got home from the Kennel Club where I busted out in 11th out of 80.......8th or better got paid...oh well
Old 08-27-2007, 04:55 PM

I've played at the pbkc (granted before the upping of the limits) and I agree they have good tourneys, but Im intrigued by the 10000 unit starting stack and 25 to 30 min levels.That seems like a good structure compared to most other places in town. Last time I played Hard Rock for instance they had 15 min levels granted for a smaller buy in.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:03 PM

Somewhere buried in the content of the terrible PBKC website there is a link to events...starting tomorrow there is the Palm Beach Poker Classic....

I was fortunate enough to win into the main event $800 buyin via a MTT super Sat....that will be a 10000 unit tourney...

There are several tourneys this week, but unsure of the structures...
Old 08-27-2007, 05:23 PM

cool. gl to you. I am waiting for the sept schedule to be posted. but im leaning towards the isle for that sunday.