FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who takes it down?
Polar Bear 79 32.38%
Hippopotamus 165 67.62%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: Farewell

I'd just like to say that the last time I flopped a [censored] pair when I got min-3bet pre-flop by a fish who won't fold pre-flop was in the [censored] Clinton administration.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:26 AM

Default my new favorite 2+2er(long): lurker stakes chick he meets in club

One night we are playing some 5/10nl. Some guy comes up to the table and says in a really foreign accent, "do you mates mind if the lady watches while I play." We say of course not, and I grab a chair that was behind me for him so his girl can sit down. He says, "thanks mate."- in the awesomest accent ever. I think he was from the UK. A lot of the guys playing the cash games in Vegas were from other countries because they were in town for the WSOP. Often the majority of the table was made up of foreigners, and only a couple people from the US. I start talking to him(David), and he is wasted. Every other word he's swearing. It's pretty funny. Not in a negative way, just randomly in sentences. We are playing at the MGM, and they are the most hardcore poker room ever about not swearing. The dealer mentions to him to stop swearing. "Was I swearing?" he asked. She nodded. "Ahhh [censored], I didn't even realize it," he said. I'm sorry, I'm just so [censored] pissed," he said with a big smile on his face. I said, "you seem pretty happy to me." Turns out pissed where he's from means drunk. This guy was the happiest guy ever. Everyone's loving this guy, as he continues to accidently swear a couple times per sentence.

He asks his girl if she wants to play. She wants to. "Are you sure you know what you're doing?," he asks her. "I'm really good," she says. He reached in his pocket and gave her $500 to play with.

So, after the first few hands it's pretty obvious to everyone at the table his girl has no idea what she's doing. "What the [censored] are you doing!?!?," he says after she loses some more of the money. He's saying it in a drunkenly friendly manner, but it's pretty funny because anything she does he's doing commentary on it. She limped in every hand, which is pretty terrible as you know if you play poker. "Why are you LIMPING???? Raise!!! I'm going to raise you just to show you how bad that is," as he raises it up. He literally did this like every hand, while swearing at her in his crazy accent. The table was loving it. Since this guy showed up the table was in such a good mood, we decided to order a round of shots for everyone. I'm pretty sure he swore lots to find out where the cocktail waitress was since she was taking a long time. The poker room manager came over and asked him to leave. He pleaded with him to stay, and said he wouldn't do it anymore. He said, "no," and said she had to go. The whole table pleaded with the manager so that David and his girl could stay, cause they were a blast to be around. Finally the manager agreed to give them one more chance . "[censored], thanks guys. I don't even mean to swear I just do." "Don't [censored] swear, or we're going to get [censored] kicked out of here," he said to his girl as the manager was walking away. Luckily he didn't hear him.

We finally got our drinks, and I pick up AK. There was a bunch of limpers to me, and I think I made it $100. Somehow I got like 6 callers, one of which was obviously David's girl, who played just about every hand, and somehow still had a bunch of money in front of her. The flop was K-K-6. The pot was around $700 and his girl donked out $50 first to act. David just about falls out of his seat laughing. "What the [censored] are you doing!?!? You're not going to scare anyone betting $50!," he says to her, continuing to make fun of her in his awesome accent every hand. There's 2 hearts on the board, so I decide with another 5 people behind I'm just going to bet my hand hard. I reach next to my chips and grab my stack of money. I pull off 7 bills and throw them out into the pot. Everyone folds back around to the girl. She quickly and confidently takes the rest of her chips and pushes them into the middle before flipping up AQ. Obviously this was followed by David telling her how terrible she is and everyone at the table laughing hysterically. The dealer pulls the money into the pot and deals the Turn: T. Burn card. River: J. She hits a straight, and scoops the $1,700 pot as the table goes ballistic. I couldn't even tilt, we were having such a good time. She said, and I quote, "it was woman's intuition." Solid.

No way I could get mad at her. She was very good looking and a lot of fun to be around. She even reached her hand out after to shake my hand. haha. I love these foreigners.

Anyways, fast forward 30 minutes and all the money she had in front of her was gone. She said goodbye, and left. David kind of ran off and talked to her for a minute as she was leaving. He came back and we started talking some more. Turns out, he didn't even know her. He met her in a club that night, and got drunk with her, and decided it'd be a good idea to stake her to play poker.

By far one of the most fun nights of poker I've played.

Turns out this guy is a 2+2er and obviously my new most favorite 2+2er of all time.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Re: my new favorite 2+2er(long): lurker stakes chick he meets in club

lol australianaments
Old 08-04-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Re: SSNL POKER [cheese] thread AUGUST

Just found my new best friend on stars. these were all within 20 minutes of each other.

Played it bad, but w/e.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

MP ($111.10)
Button ($354.85)
Hero ($99)
BB ($93.25)
UTG ($43.35)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, Button calls $1, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($5) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP folds, Button calls $4.

Turn: ($13) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($13) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $40</font>, Button calls $20.

Final Pot: $93

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jc Qc (straight, queen high).
Button has 4c 8h (two pair, eights and fours).
Outcome: Hero wins $93. </font>

Yes, the river push was for value.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($103.60)
SB ($314.75)
Hero ($145)
UTG ($92.60)
MP ($42.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($10) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $19</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $68</font>, SB calls $49.

River: ($146) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $72 (All-In)</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $218

Hero has 7h Jd (two pair, jacks and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins $218. </font>

We have a gutshot.

BB ($103.60)
UTG ($251.50)
Hero ($215)
Button ($91.10)
SB ($34.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($6.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, BB calls $12, UTG calls $9.

Turn: ($42.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $36</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $36.

River: ($114.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $114.50

UTG has Qs 6c (one pair, eights).
Hero has 7d Td (flush, ten high).
Outcome: Hero wins $114.50. </font>

LOLO THREE PAIR FTW.

SB ($89.60)
BB ($201.50)
Hero ($277.50)
MP ($91.10)
Button ($34.05)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $3.50, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($12) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, SB folds, BB calls $8.

Turn: ($28) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, BB calls $20.

River: ($68) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $39</font>, Hero calls $39.

Final Pot: $146

BB has 2h 6h (two pair, sixes and threes).
Hero has 7h 7c (two pair, sevens and threes).
Outcome: Hero wins $146. </font>

Standard.

Final Pot: $146

UTG ($69.60)
MP ($139.45)
Hero ($347)
SB ($99)
BB ($27.95)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls $6.

Flop: ($17.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, MP calls $12.

Turn: ($41.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

River: ($41.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $33</font>, MP calls $33.

Final Pot: $107.50

MP has Js Jh (one pair, jacks).
Hero has Tc Ah (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins $107.50. </font>

new buddy
Old 08-04-2007, 04:00 AM

how easy/hard is it to make $10K in a month playing NL100 6m, lots of hands? $15K ?
Old 08-04-2007, 04:08 AM

Just do the math for what you assume your winrate would be, and fwiw, it wouldn't be hard imo, just time consuming
Old 08-04-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turns out this guy is a 2+2er and obviously my new most favorite 2+2er of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who? This dude sounds awesome.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how easy/hard is it to make $10K in a month playing NL100 6m, lots of hands? $15K ?

[/ QUOTE ]

easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy(seriously)
Old 08-04-2007, 04:39 AM

Snowbank:

Awesome TR

and

$1.50 per hand feels nice

2 hours 40 minutes:

Old 08-04-2007, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a buttload of hands...65k+
Closed Thread