Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: AP 5/10 blind battle

I bet the turn but I don't understand calling a raise. We're only beating K high, drawing to a few tainted outs and are only getting 7:2 to showdown.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:56 PM

I like b/f turn. I don't like c/c much at all and c/f is terrible. You have the initiave, take it. Pot is small, so folding to a raise isn't terrible IMO.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn but I don't understand calling a raise. We're only beating K high, drawing to a few tainted outs and are only getting 7:2 to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
we beat waaay more than Kx. here are some example hands we beat that I would not be at all suprised to see an unknown show up with:
QJ
A2
anything with a spade in it
Old 11-21-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
we beat waaay more than Kx. here are some example hands we beat that I would not be at all suprised to see an unknown show up with:
QJ
A2

[/ QUOTE ]

Def. true, I overstated it. Are we really seeing those hands 1 in 4 times though? Plus if we're committing to a sd by calling the turn then many of these semibluffing hands have several out against us, 56 and QJ with one spade have 20 outs. Then there are the times when we're already drawing dead. Even if we call the turn we can't be showing down if a spade hits correct?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:20 PM

oops
Old 11-21-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
QJ
A2

[/ QUOTE ]

Def. true, I overstated it. Are we really seeing those hands 1 in 4 times though? Plus if we're committing to a sd by calling the turn then many of these semibluffing hands have several out against us, 56 and QJ with one spade have 20 outs. Then there are the times when we're already drawing dead. Even if we call the turn we can't be showing down if a spade hits correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's right, I would probably fold the river more often than not. Any spade is an auto fold and any broadway + some of the smaller straight completing cards I will fold. A river call will be very very thin no matter what, so I'll want to see the board pair or offsuit 6-8 to consider calling.

The turn call/fold river is also reasonable because he will give up on some semi bluffs and check behind some Kx or A2 hands.