Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 06:09 AM

Default People Walk how they Drive.

I hate slow drivers with a passion. If they were driving slowly because that is the only speed limit their car does, well OK. But they drive slow because they are completely unaware of the rest of the world around them. The road is in existance only for them and their lame attempts to get from A to B.

Well yesterday I finally got out of the valley and came down to Verona only to be confronted with slow walkers. These are people who walk slowly. I actually think that they do everything slowly. They get up slowly. I imagine them taking a good ten minutes to perform the relatively simple act of getting out of the friggin bed. I have to step off the sidewalk to get around them, putting myself at risk of getting creamed by a maniac on a moped, (you never see mopeds going slow now, do you?).

But what is it when a bunch of slow-walkers meandle down the street five or six abreast?? I want to do bad things to these people. Bad, bad things. And I'm wondering if there is a connection between slow-walkers and not going to the dentist.

I got stuck behind a slow walker who was talking on her phone while she walked. I finally got to my car and got stuck behind a slow person trying to pay for their parking ticket. They then proceeded to ask for directions in a slow manner. I finally got out of there and immediately got stuck behind a slow driver talking on their phone. Yes, it was the same slow walker.

I hate slow walkers.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:54 AM

Default Re: People Walk how they Drive.

this is so true, I live in England und I hate when people in rush hour just [censored] slowroll around. I wish these kind of people wore tags around there heads so you know that they are who they are and you can just spot them and suckerpunch them and continue walking FAST. god this thread made me angry... HYACHYACHYACHYACHVGDGHVCXCTGRSASCXGGW
Old 09-24-2007, 10:21 AM

This is a constant, infuriating problem in New York. I work in the financial district and have the shittiest, tourist-ridden walk in the morning. These stupid [censored] will stop, three wide, when there's room for four on the busiest sidewalk in Manhattan. Other people will walk right down the middle of the sidewalk, so nobody can get around them. I can't even express how infuriating walking in NYC can be.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a constant, infuriating problem in New York. I work in the financial district and have the shittiest, tourist-ridden walk in the morning. These stupid [censored] will stop, three wide, when there's room for four on the busiest sidewalk in Manhattan. Other people will walk right down the middle of the sidewalk, so nobody can get around them. I can't even express how infuriating walking in NYC can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you just have to drop your shoulder, especially if you're having a bad day at work. There're tons of these [censored] walking around where I work too (down the block from the Empire State building). If they're walking three wide, just walk right through the middle of their dumb asses. If they're stopped in the middle of the street looking up, just brusquely brush past them and throw an elbow in there. All this applies to the [censored] who try to push their way on the subway before you've gotten off as well.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:43 AM

agreed 100%. i hate
1.those who walk in the middle.
2.those who keep a slow ass pace with others
3.those who are about to take the stairs behind a slow person but decide to go to the next set of stairs but CONTINUE to walk slow - wtf? (this is like 2).
4.people who rush to the doors of a subway to get in when there are clearly people getting off.
5.people who walk down into the subway station with a fully opened umbrella. seriously god forbid you get three drops of water on you.
6.people who open their umbrellas before they get outside.
7.people who don't have basic umbrella etiquette when walking on the sidewalk - i.e. when someone is walking the other direction, move or raise the umbrella so you're not poking eyes out.
8.people who walk up or down the stairs and then stand blankly in every direction looking for where to go without realizing there are other people behind them.
9.ditto for escalators.
10.people who get into the subway and stand by the doors - move the effin middle!
11.people who don't take off their backpack in a crowded subway.
12.people who stand 3 feet from the curb at crosswalks - makes it harder for cars to turn when they have to maneuver around your fat ass.
13.everyone
Old 09-24-2007, 10:51 AM

1. Come to Boston in early September

2. Try to walk down Comm Ave. past all the BU students

The sidewalk in front of BU is approximately 20 feet across. The biggest sidewalk I've ever seen. And STILL they manage to block the entire path, moving in one direction like some hybrid of locusts and arms across america.

It looks similar to this:

Also these idiots:

There's a reason the escalator is wide enough for two across and it's certainly not so you have a chat while you ride up. Step to the right and let me get past, and if you have a huge thing of luggage, put it in front of you, not by your side. Some people thinking when they choose the escalator, they are choosing not to walk. I applaud them and envy their laid back outlook on life, but I'm [censored] tired and I got places to be, so I'm gonna combine my efforts with those of the escalator.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:06 AM

Ugh, what a [censored] nightmare. You always seem to encounter the slowest walkers when you are late to work, too. I used to think my commute was bad, but I have a friend who works at Morgan Stanley in the heart of Times Square. I think I would lose it.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:14 AM

Huge agreement on lots of this, especially the people who decide to clog up an escalator in the subway to chat when the train is coming in. I've actually gotten a sneering comment from people I've walked by without even touching because they felt they owned the general area and didn't even want it walked through, even if I had to miss the train. WTF? Sucking really hard used to be something you were embarrassed about.

Also strongly agree about people trying to push their way in on the subway when the doors have just opened and everyone is trying to get out. Again, WTF how much of a stupid douchebag are you?
Old 09-24-2007, 11:37 AM

People who block escalators should be stabbed on sight, no exceptions.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:01 PM

i've thought about starting a thread about the walking epidemic in america so this hits close to home.

my biggest beef is that people cannot walk straight. as a runner and fast walker, i'm constantly passing people. in preparing to pass somebody, i pick my line and go for it and without fail, the person will wobble to whatever side i try to pass on. when bored i watch somebody in front of me and see how impossible it is for them to stay on point...sad really...makes me wonder what other things they are bad at in other walks of life (presumably everything).