Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 05:38 AM

Default 200NLcash did I take a strange line?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($276.50)
BB ($220.85)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, BB calls $4.

Flop: ($12) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $24</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $52</font>, BB calls $28.

Turn: ($116) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($116) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $86</font>, Hero calls $86.

Final Pot: $288

It is a strange line. I put this guy on a straight draw so I reraised flop but then I decided to check the turn because of pot control and so that he would bluff river. The guy posts regularly on FTR and I figured that later (otherwise I wouldn't play him). It is a strange line because first I reraised flop to deny him from drawing and then I checked the turn for pot control. Something strange about this line, right?

I mean 1.betcall call call or 2.betcall bet check or 3.betreraise bet check is better, right?

Something strange about this hand.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: 200NLcash did I take a strange line?

I'd probably just call on the flop rather than raising him again .Then if he checked the turn , i'd bet again .

In your specific situation , something doesn't add up . Does he have the same hand as yours ?? It's quite possible he does which is why he checked because maybe he's just as confused as you are . On the other hand , if he has such a strong hand with a non threatening board , then why is he being so aggressive about it ?? Have you been playing very aggressively yourself up to this point ??

I wouldn't be surprised if he raised with some suited connector like 6-4 and is just playing with your mind .

Your river call is fine unless he have some crazy sick read on the guy .
Old 09-01-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: 200NLcash did I take a strange line?

I have no idea what's going on in this hand. If you put him on a straight draw bet the turn hard. That's really all there is to it. I don't see how you can put him on only that, but go with your read if that's it. As played the river seems fine - he could be putting you on a straight draw or air that tried to push you off a hand on the flop.