Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Long Multihand Post, Quiz - Mini session -80BB/100

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone thinks folding hand 1 is so obvious? Against an unknown in a blind steal battle I expect to see all kinds of horrible bluff and "value" turn raises from worse hands from a guy in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking and I think fold in hand 1 is terrible. Button opener could have huge range of hands and probably does not have an over pair. The 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is the PERFECT card to semibluff with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or even A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He has JT or QJ here sometimes also but that's about it I think, AJ should 3-bet preflop.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:24 PM

1) Easy call down for me

2) I would take the conservative approach and call the river against an unknown. Against a player who likes to bet with calling hands, I would raise the river.

3) Call down unless you improve.

4) Against an unknown I usually bet this flop. But if you think youre always getting called on this board then checking is obviously better, and against many players that like to donk with nothing and check with something in this spot, checking is also obviously the best play.

5) I would check/fold the turn after getting called in 3 places on the flop.

6) All your options are close, given that most players at wpex 3bet with Ax in that spot, I would lean more towards check/call or bet/fold than check/fold.

7) Its close, If I had Ad9d I would peel the flop here 100% of the time. With Ad6d, still having two runner runner draws and 3 outs to top pair makes your flop decision closer than normal but I still think folding is the best option.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:35 PM

some results.

h1] he showed AA

h2] i raised, he 3bet, i called to see 44, rivered set

h3] calldown, he had QJ