FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 03:30 AM

Default 50NL, weaker Q, or a set?

Villain seems intelligent

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
Hero (<font color="#0000cc">$50.00</font>)
UTG+1 (<font color="#0000cc">$30.80</font>)
CO (<font color="#0000cc">$59.55</font>)
BTN (<font color="#0000cc">$10.35</font>)
SB (<font color="#0000cc">$94.70</font>)
BB (<font color="#0000cc">$49.00</font>)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#777777">3 folds</font>, SB calls $1.75, <font color="#777777">1 fold</font>

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, SB calls $3

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($10.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, SB calls $7

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($24.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">

Once he instacalled my turn bet, I got worried. He's not on a draw, so how do you play this? To me it looks like I have to decide if I'm going to town with TPTK or not. Since he's intelligent, I worry about the likelihood he calls 2 barrels with KQ or QJ. Do you bet this river? How much? What if he shoves?
Old 11-16-2007, 03:48 AM

Default Re: 50NL, weaker Q, or a set?

Bet 18 or so. If he shoves I think I have to call due to odds.

He has KQ/QJ a lot IMO.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:56 AM

I would want a better read on villain before I make a greater then 1/2PSB...Will this villain pay off 3 streets of value with a hand less then TPTK..Based on your read IDK..My standard here vs an unknown who I have a feeling is solid would be to bet about 1/2 pot and folding to a shove..Most solid villain can not turn 4 to 1 river odds with TP or often even second pair..Villain is also highly unlikely to CR bluff you since you will be getting very good odds to call and your bet size reaks of a value bet with a big hand...
Old 11-16-2007, 03:58 AM

Value bet. This is a pretty good board for your hand and I would want to get some value from any other non 2 pair Qs. I would bet at least 17-18ish. If you're raised you'
re committed to calling IMO. Why else would you raise AQ other than to get some monies on a Q high, fairly safe board? If he drew out on you or slowplayed a big hand, hey, thats poker.

Also, I don't put much stock into the instacall means not on a draw thing. I act fast no matter what I have and I know there are plenty that do the same. Don't forget that its bad to narrow someone's range so tightly that it forces bad decisions.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Value bet. This is a pretty good board for your hand and I would want to get some value from any other non 2 pair Qs. I would bet at least 17-18ish. If you're raised you'
re committed to calling IMO. Why else would you raise AQ other than to get some monies on a Q high, fairly safe board? If he drew out on you or slowplayed a big hand, hey, thats poker.

Also, I don't put much stock into the instacall means not on a draw thing. I act fast no matter what I have and I know there are plenty that do the same. Don't forget that its bad to narrow someone's range so tightly that it forces bad decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it wasn't the instacall that means no draw, in fact, instacall usually means "draw." It's that the board is so dry I can't see what he would be drawing to.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:09 AM

bet and it's not close
Old 11-16-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet 18 or so. If he shoves I think I have to call due to odds.

He has KQ/QJ a lot IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
But when he CR us on river seems it never will be KQ,QJ. It's interesting that of course there is 100% value bet, but when villain check-raise us we always will have good odds, but odds on what? Is there any weaker hand may check-raise river?