Brag 26 53.06%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Prima/Microgaming - New features

Depends on skin, send pm.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any Prima skins that let you have more then 10 tables open?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you play 10 or just open 10? The max tables you can play has been 8 for awhile, has it been increased with the new lobby makeover?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:54 PM

Had to revive this thread after playing a bit of SnG's at a MicroGaming site.

The blind structure is just awful....by far the worst I have ever seen at any site.
I usually play turbos and like a fast structure, and I like the fact that it's incremented after a certain number of hands.

But even the regular SnG's become a crapshoot very fast.
I think the number of hands per level on your regular games is good for a turbo, but the blind levels really needs to be revised.
From 80 to 640 in three levels is just a joke and instead of simply doubling the blinds every level it would be nice if they could give it some thought as to what is a nice structure.

Instead of:
20, 40, 80, 160, 320, 640, 1280...
it should be more like
20, 40, 60, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 600, 800....

It's great if MG will actually listen to some of the input here, because as it is now it seems like it's being developed without involving anyone who actually plays and have a clue about poker.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

4. In the Mini View I do not see how much money the bottom right player has because the raise amount buttons hide it.
5. In the Mini View sometimes pot amount written out textually is hidden by the rake chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please please please correct this, it is incredibly annoying. Also, could you find a way to make it obvious which tables are turbo tables and which arent ? Since I multitable, every time I sit by mistake at a turbo table I lose the first pot because I get sit out. It costs me tons of money. Also the mucked cards problem is a pretty big one.

Thank you
Old 10-03-2007, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely the worst software of any major network.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ongame is worse.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Had to revive this thread after playing a bit of SnG's at a MicroGaming site.

The blind structure is just awful....by far the worst I have ever seen at any site.
I usually play turbos and like a fast structure, and I like the fact that it's incremented after a certain number of hands.

But even the regular SnG's become a crapshoot very fast.
I think the number of hands per level on your regular games is good for a turbo, but the blind levels really needs to be revised.
From 80 to 640 in three levels is just a joke and instead of simply doubling the blinds every level it would be nice if they could give it some thought as to what is a nice structure.

Instead of:
20, 40, 80, 160, 320, 640, 1280...
it should be more like
20, 40, 60, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 600, 800....

It's great if MG will actually listen to some of the input here, because as it is now it seems like it's being developed without involving anyone who actually plays and have a clue about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love that structure you suggest -- please do NOT go to 10 minute rounds. PLEASE -- I play your SNG's because they are 10 hands per round SPECIFICALLY. A little slower rising levels would be good though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2007, 10:21 AM

Hi guys,

I've had a look at the road map for the next few months for development, and a lot of the changes you have requested in here are being implemented.

Contrary to popular belief, Microgaming are very interested in what players have to say about their software. They have every intention of becoming the largest and the best, and from what they have done so far and what they plan on doing in the very near future, I see no reason why that will not be possible.

This thread has had a direct impact on what changes will be made.

Every software change has to go through different departments for testing. From experience working at another network that did not do such extensive testing, I can personally attest to the necessity of this to avoid major glitches after a software release. It does mean that changes take time. Not too much time, though, as they want these changes rolled out just as much as you do.

For all the players who played on Microgaming in the past and are still saying that it sucks, maybe you should check out the software again.

In response to chesterboy, if you were an EcoCard user before, there is a new option available for you. At Eurolinx, we also send wire transfers to our American players.

/Lydia
Old 10-06-2007, 11:16 AM

Lydia,

I've played on MG for a long time and I still play there. The software is terrible, certainly the worst of the sites I play regularly (FTP, Party, MG). They're also far from bug-free, so I don't know why you're lauding their testing department.

I'm glad that MG are listening to what the players are saying, but you might suggest that they try to actually communicate with us. It's no surprise that the players think they're being ignored when the network makes no attempt to communicate.

Anyway, I look forward to future updates!
Old 10-06-2007, 12:04 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Let me (or someone from whatever site you play at) know what bugs you find.

In regards to the software, I understand that it's not up to the quality of Stars or Full Tilt. I still think it's better than Ongame, Boss, or any of the smaller networks. With the new changes that are coming out, I honestly think that we will be the equal of the biggest sites.

I really value feedback like yours, because it gives me an indication of what we need to push Microgaming on.

Have you ever had a network contact you to ask for your feedback? They rely on their poker sites to contact the players and let them know what they're thinking.

I don't work for Microgaming. If I thought their software was sub-par, I would say so. There is negative benefit to saying that some software is excellent, then having it turn out to be crap. There are some issues with the software as it is now, but they're being fixed, and quickly.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback Lydia.