Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2006, 11:40 PM

Default Re: 56s

[ QUOTE ]
I raise this.

But lots of people disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im glad to see im not the only lagtard here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2006, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah obv. you're folding this 4-5handed. But calling in this spot 3way is not the clear cut worst option like say a T63 flop 5handed with 77.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what youre saying. What would you do in this spot if the pfr is known to iso from the SB with weak hands in this spot? Is it worth continuing to you or would you just fold the flop. Against a legit raise I assume you would fold the flop right? If the flop came out Jd 7h 5s, would you raise in that scenario against a lag raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends on the limper too. If he's even moderately tight, the JT cards are pretty bad for us since they give him a pair or straight draw so often. If he just sucks and limps every hand I'm ok with a raise.
On the J75 flop I think I would call just because it has to be somewhat hard even for a fish to call with some random crap like K4 and if he does it has to be hard for SB to lead the turn into two players with Ace high so I think we can learn a lot about our hand with just a call. Or maybe call is just what I do when i can't decide [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the J75 scenario I would raise every time and not give it much thought, doesnt mean thats the right strategy, just telling you what I would do. The JT5 scenario is much closer and I agree with you that knowledge of the limper is important. With no reads I suppose folding the flop would be best, but I can still see a valid argument for all 3 options.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise this.

But lots of people disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like your raise more in the linked hand than I do in the hand from this thread. JT hits a typical PFR a lot more than T9 because of the added gutshot outs. However I'm reconsidering in this hand based on:

[ QUOTE ]
for the record, the open limper was a loose player, and the SB raiser has raised the same loose limper with 44 when he had the button

[/ QUOTE ]
This is could be enough to tip the flop to a raise for me depending on how he played it. If you think a semi bluff has any hope of folding out 66-99 it becomes much more attractive to raise immediately. This information also adds a lot of ragged aces to his range that might yield to pressure.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:21 AM

i call all kinds of bs, but I'd fold here.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:48 AM

As this tread got going, more reads came in. It the SB is raising in the SB light to isolate and you think he is doing it again it changes the hand than if a 20/14 is raising in the SB. Sure the hands might have hit the limper, but if he limps crap, that incluse such steller hands as K3s and 32s a lot of the time. Keeping him around it not a good idea.

In a raised pot I am raising this flop. Why put another potential 3-6 more outs on the board when you could easily be best. Why be forced to make a tougher turn decision than necessary. If you call, the turn is a non-heart 3, what's the plan? Raising the turn with this hand is not overly fun, and calling down doesn't seem like a good idea v. 2.

If you are staying with the hand, treat it like you are ahead and raise it up.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:17 AM

I don't fold. I like calling slightly more than raising, but I think both are fine.