Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Any 2p2ers at Sandia?

A year ago there was a thread about 2p2ers meeting at Sandia during the Balloon Fiesta weekend. Well, it's that time of the year again!

I haven't met any 2p2ers there, but I know there are a few of them. SirFelixCat, Colima, bonovox, and scottyK are some of the ones I could find in last year's thread. Anyone still around?
Old 10-08-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Any 2p2ers at Sandia?

I am going to be in ABQ working a Football and Basketball game next month. Games any good at Sandia? I am into NL up to 2-5.
Thanks
Mike
Old 10-08-2007, 05:41 PM

The NL games are really good. The 1-2 game runs all the time with at least two tables, and the 2-5 runs mostly Thu-Sat during the nights (sometimes afternoons too).
Old 10-08-2007, 06:34 PM

I live in Santa Fe and played at Sandia quite a bit las in the 10-20 limit and 20-40 limit games with some 2-5 mixed NL in. I havent played there in awhile since I am focused on the internet.

I am however going to try and get a 5-10 PLO game going there next week with some wealthy fishes so if you are interested in helping us start it we could use you. PM me or post in this thread if interested.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:40 PM

I have almost no experience at PLO and that 5/10 game is above my roll.
I saw it was great action two weeks ago when it was running, good luck on it. I'll be lurking around for sure.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in Santa Fe and played at Sandia quite a bit las in the 10-20 limit and 20-40 limit games with some 2-5 mixed NL in. I havent played there in awhile since I am focused on the internet.

I am however going to try and get a 5-10 PLO game going there next week with some wealthy fishes so if you are interested in helping us start it we could use you. PM me or post in this thread if interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

What day are you going to get the PLO game going? Kinda over my roll as well, but i'd be interested in railing it.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:33 AM

Its going down next Wednesday hopefully. This omaha-loving movie producer guy who I am hoping to build the game around is abroad, but when he gets back it is on. I know about five players right now who say they are in but I would like to get more.

I think once we get it running it will fill up, so if you are a NM resident let anyone know who might be interested about it. I will post in this thread with updates. I plan to bring at least 5k, maybe 10, buyin for around 3 at a time, and hopefully other ppl will want to play deep. Should be an exciting game as far as they go in Alburquerque.

BTW El Timon when did you see it run? I never make it out to Sandia so I'm never sure when I will find it.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:13 AM

Last time I saw it run was about two weeks ago (maybe three) on a weekday, maybe Wed. There were a lot of the 20/40 regulars in it and a big older guy who seemed to be the one pressing the game. Didn't sweat it for too long, but there was lots of action.

Just got back from Sandia and saw the 20/40 game running. Kind of weird for a Monday, I usually see that game running on the weekends. I'll probably go this Wed to sweat the PLO game for a while too.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:00 AM

does run earlier in the day at all or just in the evening?
ty for the info
Old 10-09-2007, 06:09 AM

I haven't been going to Sandia in some time now. I live in Amarillo, Tx, so it was always a quick 58 min flight, but since the 1/2NL game is usually all that goes, with an occassional 2/5...it's just not worth it anymore.

I've since moved up to playing 1/2 6max (6 tabling) online, so as you can see, it's just not worth it playing 1/2 anymore live.

Been going to Vegas on my last few B&M trips.

I'll probably head out there once more before we move to Vegas in the spring, but mostly just to visit and say goodbye to the dealers/floor there. I'll post before the trip and maybe buy you a drink if you're there.