Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 07:28 PM

Default 99 donked twice.

CO is 30/19/3.71. Dont have a good grasp on his flop play. BB is unknown.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12.5SB, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9.25BB, 3 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12.25BB, 3 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls
Old 01-29-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: 99 donked twice.

i fold the turn. i might call-down if i was closing the action.

tough spot if it's HU but i think it's easier with somebody still to act.

bbbushu
Old 01-29-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i fold the turn. i might call-down if i was closing the action.

tough spot if it's HU but i think it's easier with somebody still to act.

bbbushu

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather raise the turn again than fold. However, the problem with raising the turn is that the villain is very aggressive and could 3-bet a good draw. HU I'd just call down.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:31 PM

I would fold flop... raise/fold turn. CO has a jack here a lot.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:48 AM

Folding the flop is too weak IMO. The pot is fairly big and the donk is a complete bluff, a semibluff, worse made hands and then also Jx. With the position Hero has an excellent chance of getting the pot HU. Pretty easy raise IMO.

The turn is a tough spot and I prolly fold it. UTG+1 called 2 cold on the flop and the repeat donk makes it more likely CO has the J. The pot is big though and raising to shut out UTG+1 and taking the free showdown is an option. I am just not sure that UTG+1 actually folds or that CO checks the river.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:26 PM

If it was HU, call down or raise turn. Here, fold turn.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding the flop is too weak IMO. The pot is fairly big and the donk is a complete bluff, a semibluff, worse made hands and then also Jx. With the position Hero has an excellent chance of getting the pot HU. Pretty easy raise IMO.

The turn is a tough spot and I prolly fold it. UTG+1 called 2 cold on the flop and the repeat donk makes it more likely CO has the J. The pot is big though and raising to shut out UTG+1 and taking the free showdown is an option. I am just not sure that UTG+1 actually folds or that CO checks the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the first part. I don't reference SSHE very often because it's always mis-applied (in micro's anyway) but I would say folding to a very aggro player's flop donk on this flop with 13.5 small bets is a good example of "folding too much".

The turn is closer because it means villian has the J a lot but I'm not really sure why UTG+1's presence is influencing everyone's decision that much after merely check/coldcalling a somewhat coordinated flop.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn is closer because it means villian has the J a lot but I'm not really sure why UTG+1's presence is influencing everyone's decision that much after merely check/coldcalling a somewhat coordinated flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you call down? I was pretty much deciding between raise or fold and forgetting that a call may be good as well. Actually I have no idea what to do with this turn.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:24 PM

I don't really know either. Nothing is really terrible, but fold would still be 3rd place with me. I'd probably just close my eyes &amp; raise. I understand not wanting aggro guy to bluff 3bet (I no longer think only insane people do this since I've done it myself recently a few times) but it would take some serious balls here when hero has shown immense aggression on every street and it wouldn't make for a good play unless we had exactly 99/TT.
Mostly though I just disagree with a flop fold in this hand.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:47 AM

How about just calling the flop with the intention of raising a safe turn card? Then if CO 3-bets the turn I'd let it go. If CO just calls the turn raise it seems that this play is likely to allow us to showdown for free on the river. Forgive me if this line makes no sense at all - I haven't played any limit holdem in a long time.