Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 01:20 PM

Default Re: $300 to sit thru a time-share sales pitch

Look into the rules in the state, I know my parents did this about a year ago and they found out that you can back out of it within a week or something like that. They went to one of these, bought the time share to get everyone off their back, enjoyed their vacation went home and then called them back and told them they didn't want it anymore.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look into the rules in the state, I know my parents did this about a year ago and they found out that you can back out of it within a week or something like that. They went to one of these, bought the time share to get everyone off their back, enjoyed their vacation went home and then called them back and told them they didn't want it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

And now the $300 offer becomes even more enticing...
Old 12-16-2006, 02:17 PM

Sounds like a no brainer to go to one of these, as long as they can't weasel their way out of paying you. I'd love to go and break out the 'no speakey engish'
Old 12-16-2006, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there was a south park episode about this

[/ QUOTE ]

Darsh!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You pizza'd when you should have french fried. If you pizza when you're supposed to french fry, you're gonna have a bad time.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a good way to spend an extra 2 hours there doing massive paperwork, financing and legal forms. Then another hour cancelling what you signed up for.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:25 PM

so, is the reason they make the wife come because they think women are irrational and will try to convince the husband to buy?
Old 12-16-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so, is the reason they make the wife come because they think women are irrational and will try to convince the husband to buy?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, basically.

Id rather sell to 2 people than one, wouldnt you?
It only increases your odds of a sale.
Its all part of their master plan.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:38 PM

I have been to about 10 of these. We had one horrible sales rep that tortured us at Hanalei Bay in Kuauai.He was the only one in the office so I couldnt call his manager over. I then turned him in to the resort GM so they knew how this guy was operating.

I think the key to getting in/out fast is being polite. Listen to the initial pitch and just say no thanks. Don't ask questions that will lead your rep into a longer pitch.

If you say something rude or give the rep any crap he'll probably sick the closer on you or torture you longer for jacking him around. You know you are there for free stuff and he knows you are there for free stuff. Its not his fault you are there.

I like to say "hey, its a nice resort and you have given a nice presentation, if we have a good year we would definately consider it in a year or so". Could you follow us up when we are able to make a big purchase?"

A strong salesman will ask for the order 3-8 times. On the 3rd or 4th time i'll get firm. I LIKE THE RESORT! We are not making any purchases for a year. You will still be here in a year I hope? Call us or email in 9 months.

They never follow up. They are all about a TODAY sale.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been to about 10 of these. We had one horrible sales rep that tortured us at Hanalei Bay in Kuauai.He was the only one in the office so I couldnt call his manager over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate on this guy?
Old 12-16-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its mainly so you can be closed on the spot. If wife is not there that gives you a nice out. They need to put you both under what we call "the ether" on the spot. Any objections can be answered there and you both can be closed.

Then hope you don't find out you have 3 days to back out (most states have recision clause).

Time Shares are horrible investments. Many can be bought 10 or 20 cents on the dollar on the resale market. Some are better than others. My dad got a Marriot deal that has appreciated quite a bit but the monthly fees are huge.
Closed Thread