Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: O/U on Number of current/ future felons playing in this game.
over 13 14 66.67%
13 or Under 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Restaurant refuses to sing happy bday to 6 yr old

Just an FYI, this kid is one of the best behaved kids I have ever known. There was an article in the paper about the Milford Animal Shelter being low on pet food, and he heard his parents talking about dropping off some food and treats their dog doesn't like, and maybe giving a little cash. This kid asked if it was okay that instead of people giving him birthday gifts, they give a bag of food to the shelter to help the animals. This is not a spoiled brat.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:11 PM

im willing to bet the dads niceness and the owners rudeness are both overstated. i would imagine the exchange when somerthing like this

dad: yes, i was told you would sing happy dbay
owner: no sorry we are trying to change image we dont do that anymore
dad: but i was told you would do it
owner: i apologize about that but unfortunetly we have dont do that anymore and you shouldnt have been told we would

this should probably be end up continued on like this
dad: but i was told you would by your hostess, my kid is going to be upset
owner: listen, i apologize that the hostess told you that but we dont do that anymore
dad: but we were told it would be part of the dining exp.
owner: we dont do that anymore

probably carried on like this for a while until things starting getting more rude and forceful

this situation sucks but after finding out they dont do that anymore and the hostess made a mistake its easier to just drop it

also, im willing to bet those siding with dad have kids, and those siding with owner don't
Old 07-07-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think that the hostess is qualified to enter into an agreement on behalf of the establishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are very wrong. I'm a foreigner, though, so I'm not familiar enough with US law to be 100% sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that the hostess couldn't order plasma TVs for the restaurant so why should she be able to decide what duties the servers have to perform?
Old 07-07-2007, 06:13 PM

tuq,

I am fairly good at reading things from teh details, the kid likes attention enough to not eat his dessert because the whole restaurant didnt bow down to him and sing...not exactly normal behavior imo.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I totally agree w/Hopeless that the general disdain towards six-year-olds is affecting the tone of this thread. Words like "spoiled", "bratty", etc. are flying around when the kid may be nothing of the sort.

[/ QUOTE ]

The kid refused to eat his dessert after his own family sang him a song, but total strangers would not. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]
If that was posted I missed it. For some bizarre reason this thread is growing at a rate reserved for Brandi threads or WSOP sweats.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just an FYI, this kid is one of the best behaved kids I have ever know. There was an article in the paper about the Milford Animal Shelter being low on pet food, and he heard his parents talking about dropping off some food and treats their dog doesn't like, and maybe giving a little cash. This kid asked if it was okay that instead of people giving him birthday gifts, they give a bag of food to the shelter to help the animals. This is not a spoiled brat.

[/ QUOTE ]

he sounds like a weirdo then.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As manager, I would make the hostess sing a capella for not knowing policy. Then remind her at the end of her shift that we don't do singing.

[/ QUOTE ]

in all seriousness, if I, as an owner, had this happen, and it was one of the first times (ie they just began the transitioning to a more upscale place), this is what Id do.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As manager, I would make the hostess sing a capella for not knowing policy. Then remind her at the end of her shift that we don't do singing.

[/ QUOTE ]

in all seriousness, if I, as an owner, had this happen, and it was one of the first times (ie they just began the transitioning to a more upscale place), this is what Id do.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would have been my solution, too.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think that the hostess is qualified to enter into an agreement on behalf of the establishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are very wrong. I'm a foreigner, though, so I'm not familiar enough with US law to be 100% sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that the hostess couldn't order plasma TVs for the restaurant so why should she be able to decide what duties the servers have to perform?

[/ QUOTE ] Every time you buy something you make an agreement with the cashier, and he acts on behalf of the establishment. This is something he is authorized to do. Yet he cannot give his buddies salary raises or pay them salary from the cash register. And he can't order plasma TVs for the store either. Funny how that works.

edit: And if the cashier was not authorized to sell you an item, yet he did and you had every reason to expect he was, the store can't call you and tell you they're coming to take the item back.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:18 PM

This is how I was guessing this post was going to end:
[ QUOTE ]
If I were the owner I would have said "Oh my hostess told you we sing happy birthday here?"

Dad: Yes
Me: One moment please
*Brings hostess over*
Me: Did you tell this man that we would sing his child happy birthday?
Host: Yes
Me: Start singing

[/ QUOTE ]