Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2006, 05:49 PM

Default Limping along ... with how many players?

Right now I limp along when at least another player has open limped before with SC, SC 1 gapper, UC, Axs, Kxs and PP ( PP also open limp ).

When there are 2 or 3 limpers, I broad the range more and more, to SC 2-3 gappers, 1-2 gappers UC, any medium high suited etc ... Also more broad at SB.

I play at 6max, so in this situation you are most of the times at CO/Button. Also, think of 100BB stacks.

Do you follow same requisites? Are more tight / loose ?

regards,

dardo
Old 03-15-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Limping along ... with how many players?

sounds good 2 m3
Old 03-15-2006, 06:11 PM

Are u winning on your SCs. I have almost quit playing them at 6 max, they didnt win money for me...
Old 03-15-2006, 07:24 PM

Can't give you results, still haven't played enough hands at a 25NL, and also have gone through a lot of different changes in my strategy. (Finally I seem to be finding my way ...)

But as I've read here and there, for limping they are ok, for open raising they are especulative hands (for deceptions porpouses) and for calling they can be used but not just like that. You need multi-way pot, specially deep 150-200BB+ or be very sure you are going to paid.

regards,

dardo
Old 03-15-2006, 07:32 PM

Much more tight.

Small suited/connected hands go way down in value at a 6-max table.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:43 PM

This is horrible strategy in my opinion, unless you can find a REALLY loose and passive game. I've never played 25nl 6 max so I'm probably a bad person to ask though. My first 6 max experience with 100nl. I think your range is a little too wide and I wouldn't limp behind with a lot of those cards after one limper because I'm likely getting raised from behind against a wide range of hands. I usually raise those hands big instead after the loose limpers and buy position to out play my opponents.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually raise those hands big instead after the loose limpers and buy position to out play my opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the way I've been playing them. It depends though, I like raising them with 2 tight passives who will fold if they miss the flop. Against a couple loose passives who will pay off, I'll limp behind more. I'm probably slightly less loose than OP but I'm still learning/transitioning from limit.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:33 PM

Raise any hand you would open raise.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is horrible strategy in my opinion, unless you can find a REALLY loose and passive game. I've never played 25nl 6 max so I'm probably a bad person to ask though. My first 6 max experience with 100nl. I think your range is a little too wide and I wouldn't limp behind with a lot of those cards after one limper because I'm likely getting raised from behind against a wide range of hands. I usually raise those hands big instead after the loose limpers and buy position to out play my opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all that. I'm not much experienced with 6 max, but limping with such a wide range just b/c one or two call b/f you is horrid logic to me. Read up SSHE on overcalls for the details.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:29 AM

Well, usually the games I select are loose and not specially agressive. I don't like raising except with good hands, because I'll usually get a caller or two. Don't have fold equity.

But at table of tight players I would certainly rise from time to time, or with agressive players raising the blinds I'll tight the limping, consider calling raises and maybe limp-reraise with AA, KK.

regards,

dardo