FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Re: ***Official November Chat Thread: The Golden Duck***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol.

Just got my 4k bonus from stars.

Just eclipsed 4k in my downswing for the last 3 days.

Coincidence? I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is stars way of feeding the 2/4 Regs since they know you aren't willing to move down to a level you have proven you cannot beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol.

Just got my 4k bonus from stars.

Just eclipsed 4k in my downswing for the last 3 days.

Coincidence? I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is stars way of feeding the 2/4 Regs since they know you aren't willing to move down to a level you have proven you cannot beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. No matter how much you tell everyone and try to convince us all that you are just average, you have still managed to win your way into the 2/4NL games with a bankroll and the ability to fend off a downswing.

You cannot do this alone on FPPs (buying bonus's) and milestone bonus's. You have to have some sort of ability to play this game to get where you are.

This is coming from an actual break even player (or barely winning player)
Old 11-13-2007, 11:55 PM

How the heck did you get a 4k bonus from stars? How long/many hands did it take to get?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:56 PM

u want coaching grouchie? i can teach u how to murder 50NL on FTP everyday of the week. and even better, how to deal with a downswing =)
Old 11-14-2007, 12:01 AM

tell me your secrets split suit...
Old 11-14-2007, 12:01 AM

IT IS ALL FROM FPP'S SIR.

The reason I am where I am is not because of awesome ability, or being good. I have done all I have done for this year to get to 500k VPP's and to get a good bankroll. I have not had consistent winnings.

I am a decent player, yes, I play alright, yes, but there are so many that are better than me. I think I will be the best eventually, but not yet.

No one should skew my position with my ability. I am a kid with no expenses, and that is why I am up at these limits, and right now I am only slightly above breakeven at these limits. I should not be grouped with the top tiers like GM, Renton, BLUNTY(lol), Dillith, etc. Not yet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. At the end of this year I will start a new beginning. I will not have to grind, I will not have to push for 500k VPP. I will show big wins consistently hopefully, because I will be able to really focus and improve my game instead of just grinding for VPP. If you guys didn't know, FYI, I am right on pace for 500k VPP and don't think lessening my load would be more profitable than the 5k bonus, so that is why I am doing what I am doing.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tell me your secrets split suit...

[/ QUOTE ]

all for the low-low price of $[censored] per hour =)
Old 11-14-2007, 12:05 AM

vizer;

I will get the 5k bonus in December, and I will clear atleast two $1500s as well.

I will get $5.5k in bonuses this month, and I will get $8k or $9.5k in December.

If you get 400k VPP's you get $4k, if you get 500k VPP's you will get $5k. I got there by grinding. FWIW, I had $300 in Stars and was playing 25nl when I started playing poker in January this year. People like Pokerboy have grinded harder than me, but I am very close because since I was playing 25nl I was getting nearly no points back then. I moved up to 50nl in February, 100nl in April or so, $200nl in July or so($100 was by far my longest staying period I think), and $400nl in early October.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:11 AM

erm, a bit of a P.S.

My story might or might not sound like I moved up fast, it is according to your perception. Do not take that as my advice. I did not and do not advise moving up fast at all. To move up to 100nl I suggest(and followed) a 30 buy-in rule. I actually moved up with 35 or so. To move up to 200nl I wouldn't play with less than 50 buy-ins, and I wouldn't play with less than that on any level above that. I also would suggest taking as much as you can out per month for investments/etc, and once(if) regulation gets passed I will play with only 20 buyins in my account instead of the 50 I keep online right now, but I would still want 50+ buyins in my actual bankroll(as in invested in something liquid enough that it would be available within days)

The reason for this view is because I view my bankroll as very important. I am young and don't need the money, so the worst thing that could happen is me busting out, because I wouldn't be able to buy back in. My main goal is to be able to keep playing poker so I can keep an income, instead of a goal to make the most possible by increasing my risk. I would much rather have a long-term option at 100% than a short-term possibility of 500k/yr with a bigger risk of ruin.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:14 AM

prod...what kind of investments are u doin? just standard CD stuff? im guessing ur doing more versatile stuff (stocks>bonds) tho, being ur young and shud b taking higher risk investments now.

just wondering...
Closed Thread