Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Management Thoughts from the cheap seats. - long

Poker is a grind. Plain and simple. If you want less stress, don't move up till you are properly rolled. Don't take any shots and keep grinding grinding. If you are a winner, you will be able to move up when your roll tells you to. If you have played any number of hands at 2/4 or 3/6, you know what the skill level is and what it takes to win at those levels. Just be patient and hone your skills as you work your way up the ladder.

Grind. Don't play with money you can't afford to lose.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Management Thoughts from the cheap seats. - long

[ QUOTE ]
have cashed out about 2k in poker winnings so far. I could justify playing to myself without long term management skills playing 3/6 right now and end up not looking back. Or I can play 3/6 go on a simple 300 bb drop and lose 2 years of work.

[/ QUOTE ]

instead of moving up or cashing out .. just leave it there (let it build ... I did that for a long time at 2/4 before moving up)

[ QUOTE ]
I only have 1600 hands at 3/6 with a 1.84 bb/100 avg so I have no idea if I am a winning player there.

At that point I may be at my level of experience where I may not win.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a mistake to think of poker in terms of 'levels' like it's a video game ... it really doesn't matter what limit you are playing you are still just playing 'poker'; the game itself doesn't change. Every table at any limit is different (you know this) and you must play accordingly.
And always look for the weakest playing table (it helps having a bankroll in multiple sites)
try that next time you want to 'cash out' ... just deposit in another site (think of this as 'diversification' of your poker portfolio)
when I play (as in the BaronZeus video) I could be playing on 4 or 5 different sites at one time (picking the weakest table ... this is the key to poker, being a 'good' player only goes so far. Do you want money, or do you want to win a small amount against good players??)

the only thing that changes is you have 1 or 2 more players that can actually think beyond their own hand ... and so playing some hands in some spots really becomes iffy

the one thing i would say to you is:
you seem to have some odd 'general play strategies' outlined (I may be wrong ... it just seems that way from some of your posts) ... a lot of them just wont go over well against someone that plays the board and you (sorry I can bring up any examples)

[ QUOTE ]
When I get to the 2/4 play balance level of $1k and start playing 2/4 with 15 bb's

[/ QUOTE ]

two things:
1/ you sit down with only 15bbs? ... i sit down with 50 (lol)
2/ IMO, wait until you get closer to 2K (or take a shot when your role is around 1.5 ... if that goes OK, continue)

IMO ... due to your nittiness (**think that is how that's spelled**) you should have a larger than normal bankroll for whatever limit you are playing ... i think you would benefit from this

also ...
you should get into the heads-up tournament here ... you'll learn lots of thing ... or maybe just PM someone

i could be up for a HU game for no money and still play like I would for real ... i really enjoyed this last HULA and can't wait for the next round (when I avenge myself of my bitter defeat at the hands of the evil tripleB and zela [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])