Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 09:51 AM

Default NEED HELP!! FINALS WEEK!! PROBLEM!! PLEASE!!

I've been using the trial version of OneNote for law school. It is not finals and I didn't realize, but the trial just expired. So I can't save my notes or edit my outlines!

Is there any way I can either

a) extend my trial

b) buy the product key online for the student version (I know I could get the full one for $100, but I don't want to blow $50. Also, I know I can buy student one for $50 on amazon, but then id have to wait for the mail to come.

Any help???

If it involves less savory methods to access it now so I can get through finals (I'll be buying it for next year anyways, I really love it) then feel free to PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: NEED HELP!! FINALS WEEK!! PROBLEM!! PLEASE!!

If you are going to buy it anyway either get it from the book store or buy the key on-line from MS. You may be able to get another demo through MS by downloading a different bundle than whatever one it came with. I don't know if that will work, I've always seen OneNote as a standalone download.

Don't be the lawyer who pirates software, you will surely end up on the news that way.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to buy it anyway either get it from the book store or buy the key on-line from MS. You may be able to get another demo through MS by downloading a different bundle than whatever one it came with. I don't know if that will work, I've always seen OneNote as a standalone download.

Don't be the lawyer who pirates software, you will surely end up on the news that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to buy it through Microsoft with student discount results in them directing me to third party sites, and my bookstore doesn't stock OneNote.

I'm not going to pirate it, I want to pay for it, its a great program, but I wouldn't mind getting now for finals and then paying for it to come in the mail.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:54 PM

I don't know much about OneNote. Are there open-source equivalents? OpenOffice has a lot of MS clones, and is free.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no such thing as bad publicity? (You'll be able to claim first-hand experience of IP law!)
-Sam

edit: EverNote seems a viable alternative but, as I said, I don't know what I'm talking about. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]