Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion thread (SPOILERS)

this book was soooooo sick good. I loved it, and thought it wrapped everything up well.

I think the purpose of the epilogue, as others have mentioned, was both to give closure to the situation, and to ensure that others do not start their own spin-offs. But JK has definitely still left a lot of room for writing more if she ever gets the urge. Just b/c Voldemort never came back doesn't mean that they could not have run into other crazy/interesting adventures in the 19 years that elapse...
Old 07-23-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this book was soooooo sick good. I loved it, and thought it wrapped everything up well.

I think the purpose of the epilogue, as others have mentioned, was both to give closure to the situation, and to ensure that others do not start their own spin-offs. But JK has definitely still left a lot of room for writing more if she ever gets the urge. Just b/c Voldemort never came back doesn't mean that they could not have run into other crazy/interesting adventures in the 19 years that elapse...

[/ QUOTE ]

ah shes a billionaire, i would be disappointed if she would write anymore about harry. One of the biggest things that makes a legacy is knowing when to stop.

I thought there might be some more stuff with Regulus in there. Snape's memory was really tight but was hoping more from him.
Im guessing Neville works his way up to headmaster
Old 07-23-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make any sense. HP is copyrighted. People can't just write more books without her consent.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:26 AM

So...

How did Dumbledore beat Grindelwald when he had the elder wand???

This has been bugging me for a while.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So...

[/ QUOTE ]

It was probably like Rita said. It wasn't much of a duel, but rather Dumbledore convinced him to give up.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:43 AM

I love the series and this book. My one wish would be that JK made Snape being good even less obvious. Even though for a second I thought Snape was bad at the end (right when Voldemort killed him, when I thought that was it for him), I had pretty much expected always that Snape was good. I'm not sure if JK could have tilted us towards really thinking he was evil, but it would have been cool to be really shocked.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:54 AM

I would have liked either a longer epilogue or no epilogue at all. Give us some more updates of life at hogwarts in the future and hopefully some info on the main characters future jobs. Is Harry an Auror? Wizardly Wheezes or whatever its called still open?

Also I was hoping that Draco's charracter would somehow end up doing something against the Death Eaters.

Obviously though enjoyed the book very much. Snapes backstory was great. Dumbledores backstory was great. Liked the Dursleys part. Loved when Percy came back. Very action packed. Will read again soon.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:56 AM

Also I thought Neville should have gotten Bellatrix.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wizard makes the wand. even if it is the most powerful wand, im sure someone who uses it for good/ love/ etc could take it. Seems to be the answer to any tough question
Old 07-23-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wizard makes the wand. even if it is the most powerful wand, im sure someone who uses it for good/ love/ etc could take it. Seems to be the answer to any tough question

[/ QUOTE ]

Wizards who held the Elder Wand have been defeated throughout history. After all, somebody had to beat the owner of the wand in order to get it. This includes Dumbledore who was disarmed by Draco Malfoy.