Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion thread (SPOILERS)

You got no fear of the underdog
that's why you will not survive
Old 07-24-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not quite. Voldemort killed his own soul in Harry, but he could never kill Harry's body unless he himself was dead. His mother's protection is gone and no where in this picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Page 568 (Dumbledore and Harry in "King's Cross)

"He took your blood believing it would strengthen him. He took into his body a tiny part of the enchantment your mother laid upon you when she died for you. His body keeps her sacrifice alive, and while that enchantment survives, so do you and so does Voldemort's one las hope for himself"

[/ QUOTE ]

I took it to mean that his body keeps Harry alive. Otherwise, Harry would just be invincible forever and run around killing all the death eaters.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com/...-spoilers.html

Somewhat amusing parody which covers my main gripes with it, the crappy convenient plot devices etc. That said I did enjoy it a lot in parts, and the battle of Hogwarts in particular should look awesome on screen if done well.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so [censored] funny. I am crying.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:45 AM

Liked the book overall. A few random thoughts:

What I liked about the whole book was also the part that made it seem a little too ridiculous at times. It's great to have the whole "stick it to the man" attitude with kids running around breaking rules, but it got more and more ridiculous culminating in the end of HP5 which, while one of the books I liked more, ends in a really ridiculous scene in which all the students should be dead. These are some of the higher ranking Death Eaters, there's 0% chance any of them lose to a kid whose balls may not yet have dropped.

In this one I was hoping this wouldn't get too ridiculous, and thankfully everything that was great about this book was brought to the forefront. The scene when they get back to Hogwarts to find that people have been keeping up the DA and rebelling is just awesome. I wish they had been doing more stuff talking to the Hogwards crew or somehow being informed about it.

The only complaint is that I feel Dumbledore has too much control over things, still. There's nothing Harry really finds out that Dumbledore didn't know (besides where a few Horcruxes are and, IMO, those could have been found in cooler ways). The whole thing just seems too planned out. I like Harry finding out that he needs to die to meet his destiny, but I wish he never really saw Dumbledore after that.

As with Dumbledore in HP5, I love seeing the Hogwarts teachers kick some serious ass. Opposite of the Death Eaters it seems, since random prepubscent kids seem to own the latter on the regular, whereas the teachers are sending entire armies at the evil folk and turning fire into daggers and what have you. This still just reinforces that the kids being there is great to show that they are courageous and so forth, but for the most part they should have sideline roles in the big battles, maybe throwing in a few "stupefies".
Old 07-24-2007, 03:56 AM

Also should mention I had really, really hoped the Malfoys (any of them, but I guess in order mother/Draco/Lucius) would have somehow contributed more to Voldemort's death. I know the mother does a bit, but I would have liked to see a lot more from Draco. He and Snape are both quite interesting characters.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:01 AM

The big thing I dont like about the book is that the baddies would really never lose, as the good guys dont use killing curses. The amount of [censored] u could do w/ apparating, dissapparting is so stupid that they have to make every place of moderate importance, unapparatable, but then u just get a house elf and u can go w/e the f u want. Obviously Voldy and anybody w/ half a brain would be rolling around w/ house elfs.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:40 AM

I have nothing more to add except I thought it was strange that Hermoine packed all that stuff and not one bite to eat; especially when she had packed a tent.

But hey, plot device, if I could write like JKR I'd be stinkin' rich too.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:47 AM

somewhere around the halfway mark I just started thinking "when Harry faces off with VM he better address him as Riddle!!" I literally did a fist pump and whispered cheer when he did it..

I was very satisfied top to bottom... if they can keep most of the important stuff from the book (which seems to be becoming more and more difficult) this is gonna make an amazing movie
Old 07-24-2007, 04:52 AM

Anyone else think they should just jump to this book for the next movie? Book 6 is just a bunch of daydreams anyway.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:38 AM

i was stoked tottenham court road got a shoutout