Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Heroes Bitching Thread, 10/15/2007

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if the black chicks power will go as far as being able to do what other heros can do when she sees it. Like if she see peter blast some power out his hands, she can do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. She's not learning powers, she's just learning regular human stuff. Of course, this will make her a complete badass compared to regular humans, with super ninja fighting abilities, but she won't be in the Peter/Sylar/Hiro league.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The bleeding eye people piss me off because I am tired of having to read the subtitles. I never mind with there is a plot device that makes everyone speak english. Better yet, they should just disappear.

[/ QUOTE ] I think it's pretty obvious that they will start speaking English when they come to the US. Like Hiro and Ando did.

[/ QUOTE ] I'm surprised I was wrong. I guess the brother will learn fast or die fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can very definitely see Sylar maybe not wanting the girl's power because it's too uncontrollable, but wanting the guy's power so he can control her...
Old 10-16-2007, 08:57 PM

I don't know how people can say this was the worst episode of the season. I think this was pretty solidly the best so far. I like the dad/boogyman connection, and while Hiro was consistently a highlight of last season, he's been sucking this season. Here, we were w/o him, and the episode was better.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I found last episode promising. This will be exciting.

I don't think it's likely that kenzei is still around and unaged, at least not if he has exactly the same power as Claire. It's not a good idea in TV shows to have main characters that aren't supposed to age, as long as the actors do.

[/ QUOTE ]

It worked fine for Buffy/Angel even though the actors visibly aged. This requires a very, very minor level of suspension of disbelief. Also, in Claire's case, they got someone of the right age to play her when usually they get people in their mid-twenties to play highschoolers. She's got a solid decade of being high school aged in her. I would even say that the fact that they got someone so young to play Claire makes the nonaging thing more likely.

[/ QUOTE ] The Bennetts got Claire when she was a baby.

I agree that it would make perfect sense for Sylar to not want the mexico girl's power. It's a pretty horrible power to have, if he can't learn to control it. But no reason why he shouldn't want the brother's power (the most important reason he should want it would be so death girl can't kill him).
Old 10-16-2007, 09:01 PM

I initially thought that TV chick had gotten Sylar's powers, but I guess I suck at TV.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:14 PM

I'm really, really hoping Sylar kills the bleeding eye twins soon. unfortunately, I'm guessing that all these episodes were filmed long ago.

I remember how badly recieved the Paulo character was on Lost, and the writers decision to kill him quickly. OOT can't be the only people hating the twins
Old 10-16-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The regeneration thing is kinda lame. She says she can still feel pain just like everyone else, but every time she gets hurt she is just acting like its a mild inconveniance.

[/ QUOTE ]

She may not realize how bad real pain feels?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The regeneration thing is kinda lame. She says she can still feel pain just like everyone else, but every time she gets hurt she is just acting like its a mild inconveniance.

[/ QUOTE ]

She may not realize how bad real pain feels?

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying she feels pain, but it is much duller for her? I could have sworn in one episode she says she feels pain like everyone else, but I don't see how that can be.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the threads here but did anyone notice that the assassin who killed Nakamura was sliding their hand along the wall when they came out onto the roof, as if they might be blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

So... it's Daredevil?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the threads here but did anyone notice that the assassin who killed Nakamura was sliding their hand along the wall when they came out onto the roof, as if they might be blind?

[/ QUOTE ] Nakamura could not possibly be so stupid that he would talk to a blind man that came to kill him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Illusion girl couldn't possibly be so stupid as to place her real body within reach of Sylar, let alone in exactly the spot where her fake body is.