Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
Will there be a built in hand converter? (for posting hands in the 2+2 strat forums)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

[ QUOTE ]
I have 2 pc's. If I want to run the same DB (pokertracker DB) on both PC's all I have to do is move the .mdb file over to the other pc.

How can I do this for HEM?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now you would either share out the database on your network or share out the hand histories and import into both or backup and restore from pgadmin. The next HM update will likely have easier ways of doing this.

[ QUOTE ]
if you think about adding new this, would it be possible if you could "fix" the pt exportet hands from ipoker to work with hm ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will add this but not before some of the new sites. PT takes the xml based hand history and stored it in a custom format so adding support for this is just like adding support for a whole new site.

[ QUOTE ]
any eta on when to expect new filters?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not for a while - there are a ton of filters that I haven't enabled yet but they probably won't be enabled until closer to launch whenever that might be.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a way to create separate databases to contain your personal hand histories and your datamined hand histories in separate databases? (PT allows this and it's a great feature so that you can delete old databases of mined hands without disrupting your personal database file).

[/ QUOTE ]

Not right now but very likely you'll be able to do this soon although you might not need to / want to.

Still working away on this r&d type project with HM. Had to scrap the initial work I did on this due to poor performance once DB size got to the multi millions of hands but the latest changes are looking good so far. I'll probably have to release an update in the next day or two with the old code base to change the cripple date - right now it will stop working on August 31. Still hoping to get the new version ready by then but it is looking doubtful.

rvg
Old 08-27-2007, 10:18 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone else had a similar problem with HM and PokerEV. The only thing (I think) in common is that they both use .NET 2.0. In your program files\rvg software\holdem manager folder what files do you have after install?

[/ QUOTE ]

Config
Reports
DBDelete
HoldemManager
Mono.Security.DLL
Npgsql.dll

Edit: Just tried to install PokerEV and got the same message.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any suggestions how to get the program working for me?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with party poker handhistories you might want to get rid of all ">You have options at Table XYZ.." lines before storing them in your DB!

i had to write my own program to do this on ptrackers existing databases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you share this program?

[/ QUOTE ]

posted here:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post11850920
Old 08-28-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone else had a similar problem with HM and PokerEV. The only thing (I think) in common is that they both use .NET 2.0. In your program files\rvg software\holdem manager folder what files do you have after install?

[/ QUOTE ]

Config
Reports
DBDelete
HoldemManager
Mono.Security.DLL
Npgsql.dll

Edit: Just tried to install PokerEV and got the same message.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any suggestions how to get the program working for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, sorry but not yet - it is a very strange problem but now I know of two people with the same problem... Perhaps it has something to do with the npgsql and mono.security.dll files since both HM and PokerEV use them both. Hopefully someone else can jump in with a suggestion on this,

Roy
Old 08-28-2007, 04:46 PM

I love the competition between the next-gen PT and HM. It will really benefit the players. My guess is that both programs will include pretty much the same cool features. However, the PT developers claim that PT has...

[ QUOTE ]
Very fast imports. Nearly twice as many hands per second on my dev computer as the newer competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the "newer competition" is HM, right? Any thoughts on this rvg? Does it seem plausible?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the competition between the next-gen PT and HM. It will really benefit the players. My guess is that both programs will include pretty much the same cool features. However, the PT developers claim that PT has...

[ QUOTE ]
Very fast imports. Nearly twice as many hands per second on my dev computer as the newer competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the "newer competition" is HM, right? Any thoughts on this rvg? Does it seem plausible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately possible although so much depends on how deep the hand analysis goes, the level of post analysis summarization, the types and quantities of indexes being used (adding indexes slows imports but speeds up reports) etc.

The current version I've been working on for a while now not only adds more import functionality / stats but also does a lot more than double the speed of the last HM beta release... No ETA yet - still a couple of hurdles to get over.

rvg
Old 08-28-2007, 08:28 PM

Is there a way to make my screen names the default name when running a report or whatever? I've put my two names together under an alias, but I still have to type that in manually every time I start the program up.

It would also be good to have a potential drop down option too. Occasionally I find myself vaguely remembering a person's name, but not enough to run a search on it. If I just scroll down the list in PT I can generally spot it.

-Andy
Old 08-29-2007, 04:23 AM

Will Holdem Manager be able to execute scripts so that AHK no longer is necessary?

Would be nice to merge all great poker programs into one...
Old 08-29-2007, 09:06 AM

Did anyone get this working on linux with mono? and if so please post a how-to
Old 08-29-2007, 10:05 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

i try to delete my database but it doesnt work. it says it cant find the utility cannot be found