Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2006, 04:25 PM

Default nanolimit, overpair (AA) Correct value decision?

Could someone please comment on the following hand pre-flop and flop decisions? Pre-flop: I decided not to show strength and expected MP1 to call (but maybe he would fold for 2 bets). Flop: This is where I think I might have made a big mistake. If I would just have called, probably it would have been raised on the turn by the original raiser. This could end up giving me 3 BB (MP2 not calling) or more (MP2 calling) instead of 2.5 BB. What do you guys think?

Party Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 05-16-2006, 04:30 PM

Default Re: nanolimit, overpair (AA) Correct value decision?

3-bet preflop almost 100% of the time, you want to play against fewer opponents and you want to get as much money in the pot as you can with the best preflop cards.
Postflop is purrrrrfect.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:30 PM

Noooooooo don't do this ever again!

- 3-bet preflop.
- raise flop 100% of the time!!
- turn &amp; river are fine.

AA is not a strong hand, don't ever think about slowplaying it again in a multiway pot.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:31 PM

Too low of limit to over think your aces. For every hand you slow play them to keep people in the pot you will miss two where villain has AK and will go to war with you.

If you knew 100% of the time that villain was going to slow down to your flop raise and that the other guy was going to 100% of the time fold to 2 on the flop, then yes you could make a case for calling the flop. However, you can never be that sure.

Re-raise pre-flop.
Raise flop.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:32 PM

You really need to treybet PF.
Nice flop, turn and river tho.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:32 PM

preflop: You just have to 3-bet this.
flop: Raise is good I think. Why do you think they will call your raise on the turn, unless they are on flush draws? The raise will prolly not protect your hand, but you likely have the best hand, you have equity, so exploit it.
turn+river are standard.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:00 PM

Raise preflop, everything else is fine. Don't be "tricky" with AA preflop at low limits, people are going to call regardless of a raise.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I would just have called, probably it would have been raised on the turn by the original raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be sure of that happening. The flop bet could be an autobet because of the raise even if he missed the flop completely. Or maybe he has TT/JJ/QQ and is scared of the K.

All of those hands will call you down regardless of the raise. You can't merely call here because you're giving anyone on a flush draw a cheap card.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:16 PM

thanks for all the replys (were actually faster than I expected [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])!
Old 05-17-2006, 03:13 AM

Mr. T pities the foo' who gets fancy with pocket aces.