Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: 10/20 NL 6handed

Cmon... Simple game theory dictates you should be bluffing in that spot from time to time. Not saying you should bluff all the time, but what hands in your range are you raising the turn with? It seems like you're only raising quads or quads. I'd think that is problematic
Old 09-12-2007, 06:17 PM

Actually, game theory dictates that when your opponent's folding frequency is 0%, your bluffing frequency should be 0% as well. It's probably not that extreme here, but I guarantee you villain is never folding a big overpair here in fear of quads, and only rarely folding a medium overpair.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:44 PM

these stakes are way above my head, but I think bluffing here is pretty stupid unless you have a great read on your opponent and his tendencies. things liek zeebo theorem (hes not gonna fold big pairs cuz u rep quads, and hes not gonna put u on a big pairs cuz u didnt 3 bet pre) and not running bluffs at players who could stack off light seem to make this a pretty straight up peel or fold spot.

Personally here im not sure, I think preflop is a call after the flop I dont think your doing well enough against his range of hands that raises utg and then dont hit the six outter enough to justify a peel of 150 to win 310. I dont think we will be winning that often on the river, altho i havent run any simulations. Im also assuming when he checks the turn we ck behind cuz betting to protect vs six outters wont be worth the investment with how often hes ck calling for pot control with mid pairs.

Also running an advanced multi street bluff in this once raised and c bet pot doesnt seem worth it at all, strictly from a math standpoint Im skeptical of the success to investment ratio to make it +EV