Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: video #2

[ QUOTE ]
In the 55 hand, were you going to call down or FSD anywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]
nah
he won't fold anything I want him to fold, and vs this guy I think a 3bet semibluff is possible some amount of the time

[ QUOTE ]
I loled when the guy in the middle folded to the cap and you like orgasmed on the mic.

[/ QUOTE ]
it was a joyous occasion. tons of dead money and heads with 88 vs a moron, mmmmmm
Old 11-17-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
havent even have time to watch your first one, slow it down yo

[/ QUOTE ]
I am all video'd out for now

it was fun making them, I recommend you guys try it. there is a cool tutorial video on deucescracked that tells you what you will need to make one
Old 11-17-2007, 02:06 PM

I think ATo is a super easy button raise behind those 2 donk limpers. Not sure I'd 3bet w/ K9o though.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think ATo is a super easy button raise behind those 2 donk limpers. Not sure I'd 3bet w/ K9o though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the ATo is fine to raise for value, and I don't disagree with it. I sometimes though think that limping is also fine since those blinds are never folding and you might get more action when you flop top pair since you probably don't ever win the hand UI at that table.

I totally forgot about the K9o, but I did think that was a pretty bad 3-bet.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:14 PM

he's like 55/30 preflop and is positionally aware (steals 60%) so he is probably raising 40% of hands from the CO

K9o has ~47% equity vs that range. with position + initiative + postflop edge + dead blind money I expect to be able to make up for the slight edge in hand strength he will have on average.

also I have implied tilt odds if I win a pot from him after reraising with K9o
Old 11-17-2007, 03:33 PM

I probably would have semi-bluffed that last hand. You had a pretty good image so far I think and he seemed tight. If the other guy calls it's probably neutral EV anyway.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:27 PM

You say in the AA hand (around 25m) that you are going to three bet a check raise on the river. The board at that time is K1067A with a flush on the board. Why are you insta three betting here? He is relatively passive, and with the ace hitting on the river the straight hit and he could also be slow playing a flush. From watching the video I gathered that your read on him is when he is putting bets in post flop he has a hand.

I would bet call here and I am just wondering if i am losing value not three betting here. Nice work on the video, and also, nice table selection
Old 11-17-2007, 06:22 PM

I think JQ needs to be heavily discounted due to preflop, and a flush needs to be heavily discounted due to preflop and the turn play. there just aren't any legitimate [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hands he can be capping preflop with the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in my hand and the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the board, and though I have seen him get out of line with caps he definately wouldn't always cap a hand like Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], or somesuch

hands that make more sense the way the hand played out up to the river would be AK(discounted) ATs AJ AQ. if we consider possible slowplayed flushes we should also consider possible slowplayed sets

I was wrong to say it was a snap 3bet because I was not taking into consideration possible hand combinations for those Ax hands. with AA in my hand and one on the board there are very few combinations of those Ax hands that I beat. also he may not even c/r after picking up top pair

so taking those hand combinations and villains tendencies into account I think vs this dude you are right and I shouldn't 3bet
Old 11-17-2007, 08:31 PM

Default RE: videob2

Jesus christ where did you find this table?????

You played great and watching your video made me think of playing a few situations differently next time but those players at your table were ridiculous.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Re: RE: videob2

Nice to see that the idiocy at OnGame continues up to the 10/20 level.