Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Libertarians
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-israeli stance more than the pro-palestinian one. 16 76.19%
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-palestinian stance more than the pro-israeli one. 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: My Campus is getting shot up.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nos just informed me that MSNBC is reporting their was a bomb that just went off at the school

can anyone confirm this because i don't trust nos1nos2

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, link it or tell him to [censored] off...

[/ QUOTE ]

it's nos1nos2 doing some tasteless trolling

[ QUOTE ]

OMG Fox News sucks!

[/ QUOTE ]

fox news has brought up violent video games... if it wasnt clear to you before, it should be clear now, they are the most sensationalist "journalist", and it makes me pretty sick.

recommended viewing: out foxed

Not to lessen the tragedy of this incident, but these things hardly come as a surprise to me. We breed a culture of violence, intolerance and insanity and then we are surprised when these deranged people go off on rampages. The U.S. has one of the highest divorce rates among the Western countries and is well-known for it's unstable familial structures and terrible parenting. A lot of children grow up having never been disciplined by their parents, if their parents were ever around that is. We are also one of the stupidest among the industrialized countries- we consistently score among the bottom in math and science in standardized global tests. I believe that our public education system is a joke and that students are not adequately equipped with the virtue or the skills to cope with situations that arise in life. Another contributing factor is that America is a hyper-competitive society and those who fall behind are marginalized and ignored. Lastly take into consideration this country's current political climate of vigilantism coupled with lax gun laws and these school shootings are hardly surprising. After all, over 60% of the world's serial killer population is located in this country. Call me a pessimist but I believe these shootings are only going to intensify and become more prevalent over the next few years.

How fast life can change. Last night I was upset about bubbling in the 2 bbv4l tournies. This surely puts things into perspective.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling we will see a large public negative reaction to the way VT handled this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, lawyers and lawsuits will follow. People will want someone to blame and the only person to really blame is dead.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:31 PM

Regarding the shooting at UW.

That was a murder suicide by a guy who was known to be stalking the girl that was killed. There was no concern that a gunman was loose on campus at all, because he was dead in the same room as the girl he killed.

The situations aren't really that similar.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How fast life can change. Last night I was upset about bubbling in the 2 bbv4l tournies. This surely puts things into perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this doesn't come across as morbid, but maybe you would have went to class had you not played in those tournies. Didn't you say you had a class in one of the buildings where the gunman was shooting?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will America ever realize that everyone having access to guns isn't a good idea

[/ QUOTE ]

If everyone has guns, these shooting rampages will be very short-lived. Outlawing guns only ensures that [censored] like this will happen because only the murderer will have a gun when the shooting goes down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Urgh, if one side can 'debate' a point, so can the other.

Here in the UK we had Dunblane.

Then we banned ALL handguns and restricted massively access to other firearms.

Number of school shootings since Dunblane = Zero.

Cause of school shootings? Violent video games and films? Right?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:35 PM

9/11 is going to be a world historic event for centuries to come.... hopefully this shooting won't last that long in our memories, for some I'm sure it will, but as sad as it is, these #'s of deaths are happening in Baghdad every week and sometimes they are killing themselves more EACH day as it is... we just tend not to follow it as much because it doesn't effect us as directly as this event could.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this doesn't come across as morbid, but maybe you would have went to class had you not played in those tournies. Didn't you say you had a class in one of the buildings where the gunman was shooting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was watching the sunday million until 3:30. That's why I didn't go to class this morning.