Thebram
traz
VoraciousReader
wdcbooks
xorbie
Zurvan

<u>Alternates:</u>
Kyro

If you would like to be an alternate, PLEASE PM ME. Don't post in this thread, just pm me. I will use alternates in the order I receive them. I will give everyone until 1pm EST tomorrow afternoon to open their role pm. Anyone who has not read their pm by then will be replaced. Anyone wishing to opt out of the game should pm me.

The game will begin at 2pm EST tomorrow. Each day cycle will last approximately 12 hours, or until a majority is reached (or 2/3 votes not to lynch). Night will last no more than 8 hours, or until I receive actions from the Demons, Hunter, and Angel.

Anyone who does not post or vote during a full day without pming me will be replaced.

Anyone who is lynched will be granted final words. They get one post to speak their peace before they are executed. Last words should not be overly long, a few paragraphs at the most. The player to be lynched has 1/2 hour after the deciding vote or the end of day (if no majority was reached) to send me their final words via pm. I will post the last words to the thread.

I will put a summary of the roles and rules in this thread soon. Some of the rules for the Hunter and Angel have changed, so please read them.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Demon Game Thread

Roles are revealed for those lynched during the day, but not for those killed at night (see Oracle below).

Roles:
Demons - Foul creatures who steal human souls and then wear their skin. The demons enjoy the misery of the village, and seek to remain so long as the residents are suffering.
Can chat privately with one another day and night (telepathic bond)
At night the demons have the following options: select one demon to kill one non-demon, select one demon to possess one person (when this happens the demon dies and the possessed person becomes a demon), or do nothing

Demon Hunter - The demon hunter is a focused and accomplished warrior. He will bring peace and freedom to the village, or leave a ghost town in his wake; either way, the demons will be destroyed.
Starting Number: 1
The Demon Hunter has 3 kills to use during the game. If the Hunter is attacked by a Demon during the night, he automatically uses one of his kills to destroy the attacking demon. He may use any number of his remaining kills during the night to destroy another player(s). These killings will happen before any demonic nightly action (meaning that he could kill a demon before it possesses someone). The Hunter does not learn his victim's role.
Once all 3 of his kills are used, the Hunter is functionally a normal villager, but his death or possesion is still part of the demon win condition.

Angel - A divine guardian sent to protect innocents from Demonic taint. The angel has adopted a human form, and accepted limitations of the flesh, including mortality.
At night, the Angel can choose to protect one person other than himself. The protection prevents demonic possesion, or killing by a demon or demon hunter. If the person protected by the angel is attacked in the night, the Angel is PM'd the identity of the attacker (but not their role or nature of the attack).
If a demon attempts to possess the angel, the attempt fails and the Angel is PM'd the demon's identity; the angel can be killed at night like a normal villager.

Oracle - When the demons first started plagueing the village, one townsperson was granted Divine visions. The Oracle now dreams about those killed in the village, and sees the true nature of their soul. The Divine gift also offers limited protection from possession.
After night, the Oracle receives a PM revealing the role of anyone killed during the previous night
If the Oracle is targeted for possession, the attempt fails, and the Oracle is PM'd the demon's identity. The Oracle can be killed like a normal villager.

Magistrate - The Magistrate is a prominent member of the community with great influence over the colective decisions of the village. He feels responsible for his community, and prays each night for salvation.
The Magistrate's identity is public knowledge
During the day, the Magistrate can grant one person immunity from lynching, even after they have a majority vote against them (the magistrate has 1 hour after the majority vote is cast). Magistrates cannot protect themselves in this way.
If possessed, he keeps his ability
All players must PM me a vote for magistrate. You may not vote for yourself. The player with the most votes becomes the starting Magistrate. If the magistrate is ever killed, time will be reserved to discuss electing a new Magistrate during the day, but players will use PMs to vote. Players may not vote for themselves to become Magistrate.

Winning Conditions:
Note that the Demon Hunter and Angel are not considered "Villagers" for purpose of the winning conditions.

Demons: Demon Hunter, Angel, and Oracle are dead
Demon Hunter: All demons are dead
Angel: Same as Villager win condition
Villagers: All Demons are dead, and at least 2 Villagers are alive

When a person is possessed at night, the demon who did the possessing dies and is written up as killed. The person possessed becomes a demon; they are included in the private demon chat, and have the demon win condition. When a demon tries to possess the Angel or Oracle, the demon doesn't die.

This game includes:
3 Demons
1 Hunter
1 Angel
1 Oracle
11 Villagers

Any questions?
Old 05-15-2006, 12:45 AM

Can I be 2nd alternate?
Old 05-15-2006, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I be 2nd alternate?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the OP:
[ QUOTE ]
If you would like to be an alternate, PLEASE PM ME. Don't post in this thread, just pm me. I will use alternates in the order I receive them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-15-2006, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can I be 2nd alternate?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the OP:
[ QUOTE ]
If you would like to be an alternate, PLEASE PM ME. Don't post in this thread, just pm me. I will use alternates in the order I receive them.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess thats a no?
Old 05-15-2006, 01:13 AM

earth to andrew
Old 05-15-2006, 08:37 AM

You are on the alternate list, I was simply alerting you that I asked anyone wanting to be an alternate to pm me instead of cluttering the game thread.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:38 PM

I have still have a hand-full of players who haven't opened their PMs, so I am going to give it more time. I will check back in around 6pm EST, and we will get the game started this evening.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:59 PM

I will be at a baseball game tonight. I will check in when I get back. Please don't lynch me as AFK, because I guarantee I won't say anything suspicious.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:10 PM

likewise, i'll try to get on tonite, but i'll be much more active from 7am to 4pm eastern than from 4pm to 7am