Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: September Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I am just gonna sit back and enjoy having done something for the first time that to me is pretty meaningful. This months poker income has surpased this months doctor income. Looks like it's time to quit my job.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you seriously considering quitting? i can't imagine working as hard as you must have to get where you are in your career and then just giving it all up to play cards.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am just gonna sit back and enjoy having done something for the first time that to me is pretty meaningful. This months poker income has surpased this months doctor income. Looks like it's time to quit my job.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you seriously considering quitting? i can't imagine working as hard as you must have to get where you are in your career and then just giving it all up to play cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, why noy? I have now shown I can earn more playing poker and I did it while working my normal hours at the hospital.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:45 AM

God I turned into a [censored] fairy.

2 hands against Sam, the big laggy I think Russian dude at Commerce.

I open AQ UTG he 3bets I call and c/r AJ2 flop, he raises 7 turn and I call down and he has AT and of course my hand is good because HOW COULD IT NOT BE GOOD AGAINST HIM.

Then later he completes sb, I raise JT. Flop T42 with two hearts. He c/r/4bet and I just call down after 2 turn 8 river. He happened to have Q2 this hand but not 5 betting flop or raising turn is just so bad here.

emerson: No, I never sleep. How else could I fit like 50 hours of poker playing into every 24 hour period?

Pretty good week. Lost only $4200 playing 40 at Commerce.

I really wish I was as brave as Roc to go from playing like 40-1/2 and then jump into a 6/12 game.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:13 AM

The hand in question. The game was starting to break up and one of the blinds left so I had to post 2 chips on the button. It gets folded to me and I ask without looking "you guys wanna chop?" They both decline the option and say they want to play which is certainly a reasonable decision since they are only out of position and forced to play against the guy who is running hotter than god. I look down to 78o and decide to complete since they are never folding anything and I am pretty sure I will flop a boat or at least a straight. They both check and we see a flop of 456r. The SB decides that leading will be the best way to lose the max so that is what he does, BB calls, I raise, both call. The turn pairs the 4 and the SB decides that the trend is too strong to break now and leads again. The BB folds and I raise again.

Now as he's calling the dealer puts out the river T and the SB says "I am all in." I look over and see one chip covering his cards and say "what is that?" since he is obviously pulling the typical commerce angle shoot routine and I am not having it. I say, "well, I did offer to chop this but you wanted to play it out and now I bet. You can fold or put in that chip." So he gets all huffy and throws in the chip and tables his hand 97o face up like "bitch, beat this monster." I show my hand and sailboats and I at least have the decency to wait until he leaves until we burst out laughing. I initially thought he had the nut low but later realized he could beat 92, and 93.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:52 AM

Dude we've already been over this, it wasn't even close to the nut low. 72 is the nut low here then 82, 83, 92, 93 and finally 97. Villain clearly thought he was in a Crazy Pineapple hilo game and thought that you had only an 8 low so he called for half the pot with his rough 9.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:07 AM

best table image i have ever had... folds to me on button i raise QJo and am called by BB only, flop comes 972r check/bet/call... i loose to Q4o with no runner flushdraw either... somehow i managed not to win money this session though
Old 09-30-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude we've already been over this, it wasn't even close to the nut low. 72 is the nut low here then 82, 83, 92, 93 and finally 97. Villain clearly thought he was in a Crazy Pineapple hilo game and thought that you had only an 8 low so he called for half the pot with his rough 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I guess we have discovered why I don't play any high/low games.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what site?

[/ QUOTE ]

Disgusting.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:09 PM

hahahaha

schneids cr 15/30 vid he opens JThh otb bb calls and donks Jd3x8d and calls raise, donks Ah turn schneids calls and bets Kh riv schneids calls. K2o good. "hoo that was well played"
Old 10-01-2007, 01:20 PM

This was a fun one from Commerce 20/40 last night:

UTG limps, I raise AQ next in, blinds call. Flop comes A42, with 2 clubs. UTG bets, I raise, BB calls, UTG 3-bets, I call, BB caps, we both call. BB has a draw for sure, I'm worried about UTG. Turn is Ad. BB bets, UTG raises. Crap. After some deliberation I call the turn. UTG says, "I don't like that," which immediately makes me regret calling. River: As. Wow, I'm good. UTG turns up 44 and mucks...didn't say a word though, for which I give him credit.
Closed Thread