Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: September Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
just a quick question... how did howmany grind his way up so fast at age of 21?

online primarily?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ground my way up really slow. Like $50-800 online playing lower than $1/2, $800-1800 1/2, $1800-5k 3/6. After that started playing 8/16 live so 5k-15k 8/16 live and 3/6-5/10 online. To 25ishk 5/10 online 20/40 and 2/5 NL live, to 55k or so 40 live and random stuff 10/20-30 online. To 95k up to 1/2 live and same stuff online. To 50k 75 live =/
Old 09-27-2007, 12:03 PM

HAHAHAHAHAH "At this point a definition of a 'bad beat jackpot' is definately necessary. IT'S ONE OF POKER'S ONLY REDEEMING POINTS."
Old 09-28-2007, 08:22 AM

How many 2+2 were at commerce today??? And why god do i have to sit at the worse table!
Old 09-28-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many 2+2 were at commerce today???

[/ QUOTE ]

My count:

private joker
Caldarooni
Sailboats
The Dude
goofball
Surfdoc
Gabe

Uh... I think that was all I saw. Not sure if TStoneMBD is still in town, but I didn't see him tonight.

And what was wrong with your table? I thought you said it was good.

My table was so awesome it was ridiculous. One of the best 20 games in the last 2 months. Of course I started off stuck 1100 but made a valiant comeback and finished up 500.

Highlight hands:

1)

I raise AJo and get called by a donk in the BB.

Flop comes 883 with 2 diamonds. He donks out, since donks love to donk. This means he can't have an 8, so his likely hands are a 3 or a flush draw. I raise for value. He 3-bets. Now he can't have a 3, so he has to have diamonds. I call down. No diamond on turn or river. He says "I missed" and shows A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I show and he goes on tilt (again), berating me. "You called me with nothing! I'm in the big blind! I can have an 8 there!" I shrug. "That was a bad call, dude, BAD CALL." I look at him and agree. Then he says the most awesome line ever: "That's what happens to all you lucky players, you get lucky."

Yeah. I got so lucky in that hand.

2)

A drunk LAG maniac idiot limps and I raise with A6s, folded back to him and he calls.

Flop comes A83r. He donks, I raise, he 3-bets, I call. Turn 9, bet-call. River 6, bet-call. He shows T7o.

Read that hand again. It happened. Caldarooni was a witness.

3)

Maniac limps, someone else limps, I limp 88, one more limper, button (old white guy idiot) raises, everyone calls. Nice big pot, please flop a set...

Flop comes J86. Maniac leads, there's a fold, I call, another fold, button raises, maniac 3-bets, I cap, button calls. Turn 7. Maniac checks, I bet, button raises, Maniac cold-calls all-in, I 3-bet, button calls. River 6. I bet, button cry-calls with probably some overpair, I show, he growls and mucks, Maniac turns over his all-in hand, 75o no good. But he holds onto it and stares at the board looking for a straight. Dealer tells him he has a pair of 7s.

Yes, sir, even if you had a straight, it doesn't beat a full house. Maniac rebuys, we all celebrate.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:56 AM

i think i drunk and giving my money waway
Old 09-28-2007, 09:02 AM

Very nice PJ but my 40 game was a bit tougher. About 6-8 players seeing flops. People raising suited 6 UTG. Limp re-reaising in early position with K9s. It was nice i remember my favorite hand against Norm Macdonald.

Villian raises UTG+1
Hero sees Q8s and 3-bets [standard]
Villian calls

Flop:
Q88 [thank you poker gods]
villian Checks Calls

Turn:
9 [two hearts]
Villian bets
Hero 2-bets
Villian 3-bets
Hero 4-bets
Villian 5-bets
Hero 6-bets
villian calls

River:
K [hearts]

Villian C/C
Villian has AQ

Surfdoc was sitting at my table for a bit and can tell you about his hands where someone calls him with 9 high.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:05 AM

i cant imagine anhy scenario where's it correct to call damon with 9high
Old 09-28-2007, 09:07 AM

True i would muck KK to his preflop raises, and only call AA.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant imagine anhy scenario where's it correct to call damon with 9high

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think damon has ever vpiped with a hand that can't beat 9 high preflop.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am 4th year and will be able to graduate easily this year if I majored in history but will need 5 to graduate in anything even remotely nonretarded.

I am not dropping out or even thinking about it. If I had been running golden for the past 98320071235823 hours I probably wouldn't entertain the idea, when I get bloodbathed every session it makes even less sense.

As for poker, 17 hour session of 60 to 40 to 60 because the 60 broke for a few hours. Start out +5k in 60 in the first couple hours, get stuck a rack and be +1500 when game breaks. Lose like 2600 in 40 because winning pots is not my specialty. Win a rack in 60 and end the session at a depressing +1k. One day I'll fly. Maybe one day I will be the guy with KK against TT on the KT4r flop too against an over aggro guy that has lost every hand the past 600 hours and mistakenly thinks he might finally win after flopping the second nuts. I won't get my hopes up though. Or maybe one day when a retard caps A4s on the button vs my AQ bb 3bet the board won't come 43TAX.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have just one question: do you sleep?
Closed Thread