Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: AC: Borg vs. Taj

Anyone else gonna be at Taj/Borgata Sunday ? Im prob gonna play at Taj for a lil since I haven't played there yet...Prob will make my way over to Borgata at some point depending on how well I'm running at Taj
Old 07-14-2007, 09:52 PM

Go to the Borgata if only for the seats. They swivel and are padded with some sort of memory foam which is way more comfortable than the Taj's fixed and poorly padded chairs.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5 percent rake to a max of 4 dollars on the mixed game.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really strange considering that once you factor in the kill, it is a higher stakes game than 10/20 HE. Of course, 5% rake is also pretty unusual in AC. Is it comped at $1/hour or $2 (I think 10-20 HE is the lowest game at Borgata that gets comped $2/hour.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Comp is 2 dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong but i think its 10% up to $4, i'll be there, probably palying in this game saturday so i will double check

[/ QUOTE ]

I am usually not wrong about rake but of course I could be. Please confirm and let all know for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, i'm not sure why but it seems like the lower limit games, 3/6, 5/10 etc are raked at 10% to $4 but i looked at the card and the 10/20 two way game is only raked at 5%. My apologies.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From a viewer's perspective, waitress quality at Borgata is infinitely better. Service is neutral enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Service speed may be neutral, but Borgata serves quality liquors in real glasses and imported beer in bottles. Taj has lower-quality liquor and serves everything in plastic cups.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taj brings full bottles of beers to their high limit section, which isn't that high but for some reason it seems to be rather random whether or not they'll place your $2/5 game in it or in the normal section. Also the Taj has Red Bull, which the Borgata does not.