Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2007, 05:36 AM

Default aces in stud 8

Based on recent results I'm wondering if there's a monster flaw in my game.

Basically I'm wondering when to treat aces like queens and the like even in stud 8. I've been in quite a few hands even multiway knowing my aces were the best hand on every street and firing accordingly till river which of course I get sucked out on by mostly garbage.

Should be treating aces just like I do kings or queens? I was thinking aces should be my biggest money maker in terms of dollars but that has proven to be the exact opposite so far and now I've been wondering if in fact I'm the fish in these games which based on what I keep seeing (even out of the "good players") is incredibly hard to believe. (that and I'd like to win once rolled up vs a hand like 842 HU sigh)

I'd like to think I'm just on another monster downswing but I can't help but feeling maybe I'm playing the hands wrong by being aggressive even with aces versus obvious razz type hands and the tens type pairs because that's not working out right now and I still find it just hard to believe that even aces are a long term loser in this game. I really should be doing a bunch of equity calculations to really figure this out.

This latest run has seriously killed my desire to keep this up so I'm almost done--maybe this game is just unbeatable despite all the idiots in it cause I can't win--sigh.