Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Mark Seif responds 1/11/07. Most amusing!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Warning: This message contains one or more bad poker analogies.

Remember that not everybody who brings a suit to court does so with the intention or expectation of winning a judgement. They may hope that the cost of mounting a defence will deter the respondant from defending. It is sort of like a big stack bullying a short stack, hoping the short stack will not call.

Alternatively, Seif may think that his reputation is so badly damaged that the only hope he has is to mount a civil suit, despite the noted problems for AP. Perhaps so much of his rep is already in the pot that he is calling the turn all-in, hoping to hit his one-outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Dan Druff has enough money to fight this off. Also, if he doesn't, I'd donate to his defense fund.

[/ QUOTE ]
me too even though i'm one of the few people here who support and believe seif.

one of the worst things for a pro poker player is to be accused of being a cheater. imagine what it would be like sitting at every table wondering who got the story completely screwed up and thinks you are scum of the earth when in reality you did nothing wrong
Old 11-02-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bff imo

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Despite some initial blunders in dealing with what many now believe to be a rogue consultant

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF kind of weasel statement is that?
Old 11-02-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ not resigning b/c the investigation is still "ongoing". ppl cheated. AP admitted they cheated. anyone who cares about his own integrity and of the company he represents would have quit instantly. it is obvious he is more involved with the company than just as a spokesperson

[/ QUOTE ]

this is beyond absurd. mark seif's association with AP is potentially worth 10's of millions. only a complete dumbass would quit.

if he had no part in this scandel why should he suffer.

the only people who should suffer and be imprisoned are those that pulled this off.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, wtf are you talking about? i never said anything about money. i said that anyone who cared about his INTEGRITY would have quit immediately. mark seif obviously does not have any integrity, and doesn't care about his reputation- he's all about the money it looks like. i didn't comment on any monetary loss he would take if he quit- i'm fully aware of that, and that seems like the most likely reason he didn't resign. good to know you'd do the same- you sound like a real stand-up guy
Old 11-02-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bff imo

[/ QUOTE ]

High quality, unbiased, truth seeking, journalism at it's best.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bff imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, did they all get a bj from Jenny Woo to go along with that piece?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think Dan Druff has enough money to fight this off. Also, if he doesn't, I'd donate to his defense fund.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not alone there. I would be absolutely stunned if there wasn't at least mid 5 figures in donations volunteered on 2+2 for DanDruff's defense fund within 24 hours of Seif being foolish enough to file a suit.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Warning: This message contains one or more bad poker analogies.

Remember that not everybody who brings a suit to court does so with the intention or expectation of winning a judgement. They may hope that the cost of mounting a defence will deter the respondant from defending. It is sort of like a big stack bullying a short stack, hoping the short stack will not call.

Alternatively, Seif may think that his reputation is so badly damaged that the only hope he has is to mount a civil suit, despite the noted problems for AP. Perhaps so much of his rep is already in the pot that he is calling the turn all-in, hoping to hit his one-outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
me too even though i'm one of the few people here who support and believe seif.

one of the worst things for a pro poker player is to be accused of being a cheater. imagine what it would be like sitting at every table wondering who got the story completely screwed up and thinks you are scum of the earth when in reality you did nothing wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, it's too late to say he did nothing wrong. Even if by some miracle, someone produces proof that he didn't cheat, there is still his behavior throughout all this to consider.

Being wrongly accused of cheating is one thing. But being wrongly accused of cheating in a specific way, and then discovering that the exact method you were accused of using (seeing your opponent's hole cards) was in fact being used on the site you were playing on, were a spokesman for, and maybe even partly owned, well, that's something different.

His proper response was one of contrition and humility. He should have immediately become apologetic and understanding while still protesting his innocence. After all, the people who suspected him were victims, real victims. Seif himself, assuming he didn't cheat, was at that point a victim as well.

He isn't a victim any more. His actions have, in my opinion, made him an accessory after the fact.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:31 AM

<font color="red">Dear G-911 </font>

You need to hear the following --&gt; your English skills are terrible. I'm serious. You don't know how to write well. The sentence structures in nearly all of your so-called articles would get you laughed out of a 3rd-grade English classroom. Did you even proof-read this latest journalistic loaf before you pinched it off? To wit:

"...Absolute has since reimbursed those players even remotely believed to have fallen victim..."

WHAT?

"Absolute Poker is prepared to do whatever it takes to show it is commitment to the online poker world..."

NICE.

"There are going to be some extraordinary positive announcements coming down the road," an Absolute Poker representative told Gambling911.com on Wednesday in regard to the unveiling of some new promotions."

DEAR GOD.

"Inquiries related to Absolute on the Gambling911.com website have been unsurpassed according to O'Brien."

I WEEP FOR THE FUTURE OF EDUCATION IN THIS COUNTRY.

"Absolute Poker was one of the biggest hiring employers in Costa Rica over the last 12 months"

R U SERIOUS?

The worst part about it is that you still probably don't realize what's wrong with the preceding...
Old 11-02-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bff imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, did they all get a bj from Jenny Woo to go along with that piece?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"The best news of all," [Gambling911.com Senior Editor Payton] O'Brien points out, "is that our announcement to bring Absolute Poker back onto Gambling911.com has been met with zero resistance from the online poker community."

[/ QUOTE ]

QFBull****.

But anybody who has been paying attention in this should have already figured out that gambling911.com has no integrity. They're just there as a billboard for online gambling sites.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:45 AM