Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel

Old 11-28-2007, 06:45 AM

Default Re: NEW Thailand thread

Hello,

I've been here about 1 year. I'm going back to the States in a few weeks.

I can probably answer questions pretty well.

To start:

Cheapness: Everything requiring thai/SE asian labor (medium quality clothes, custom tailors, food, prostitutes, strippers, cabbies) is cheap as hell here. To get decent quality things you generally need to pay a fair bit but not as much as western prices.

Bangkok: gigantic city. Anything you want to do is here. Its dirty and traffic is worse than any US city I've been to by far. There are nice areas though.

Beaches: Phuket is the most popular and developed. After that is Koh Chang and Koh Samui. Beaches around Krabi are my personal favorite and are a lot less crowded. They are only good during the high season otherwise its to rainy. I've been to beaches in about 10 countries and Thailand's are the nicest by ar IMO.

Girls: Any girl who throws herself at you is probably a hooker/goldigger/both. These girls are generally considered quite ugly in their home country (dark skin) and need to go with foreigners. Middle and upper class girls here are generally pretty similar to western girls but have some differences and are generally more shy and reserved. You can have sex with a different girl who is considered attractive in most Western countries every night easily no matter how ugly or socially retarded you are. You can probably have sex with them for free if you are reasonably attractive/fun/they think they can potentially be your girlfriend. Having a funny looking face also doesn't matter (even to middle class girls) since they don't really seem to be able to tell that sorta thing. Social status is big here and any girl would do well to date a man above her social status almost regardless of what he looks like. Being a foreigner puts you at probably upper middle class by default unless you look and act like a slob. Then you are still well above rice farmer but not that high.

Internet: Available almost anywhere. You can get decent speed in most places there are white people. The reliability is not terrible but can be bad. I play $10/20+ here regularily and probably lost a total of 3 buyins due to disconects over this past year on Koh Samui and in Bangkok.

That should cover most basic questions. If you have more I'll try and answer them.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:14 AM

this darkskin stuff is so stupid
My gf is upper upper class and a little dark skinned.
when we go on vacation even for a day or 2 she brings 6 different facial creams, all of them say 'whitening'
Anyone who's met her can aknowledge that shes minimum a 9/10... and lots of thai guys want to be with her. even with her darkish skin
Old 11-28-2007, 07:30 AM

yeah really makes NO sense
Old 11-28-2007, 08:14 AM

yeah his gf is very nice but she could need a little more decolte (-: btw my hottie yesterday has propably the best natural breasts of whole bangkok oh and i was suprised how tight non hookers are, she couldnt sit on me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

anyone knows a good place to play poker? inetcafe or wifi?
Old 11-28-2007, 08:53 AM

Couple more things..

The people:
Generally really nice. Are pretty much always kind to foreigners unless the foreigner gives them a reason to be rude to them. MAJOR EXCEPTION: Taxi scams, gem scams, tourist scams, some of the hookers, etc...when you first get here you will see a lot of this but it is really the minority. These people have absolutely no problem lying and cheating every penny they can from you. Violent crime against foreigners is generally really low unless the foreigner starts the figure.

Ladyboys: Theres a lot of them near where hookers/foreigners are. They generally are trying to hard to look and act like women and have larger frames and big fake books + larger hands and possibly an adams apple. Some are very hard to tell but it shouldn't be that hard...

Full Moon Party: Awesome. If you are <35 and like to party then do it at least once.

Taxis: Get them to turn on their goddam meter. If you are in Bangkok ANY non scam taxi will turn on their meter. If they refuse just step out and find a legit one. Generally the guys waiting and not driving past = scammers.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:20 AM

If u go out like 4 or 5 looking for a girl on the street be very careful, mostly ladyboys and some are very hard to spot.

Oh and yesterday i put my phone under water at gullivers, so i have no numbers but my number is still the same though. So pls contact me what u guys do 2 tonight.

cheers
Old 11-28-2007, 10:27 AM

Just play at your hotel?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:43 AM

connection sucks 2 day
Old 11-28-2007, 05:42 PM

whats the deal with taxi drivers freaking out if you want to drop someone off on the way. tonight, we dropped my friends gf off on the way home from spice club. it was on the way. he didn't go out of his way at all. but the guy freaked out and said he wouldn't take us any further unless we paid and then restarted the meter. we started to argue and the dude asked if i wanted to fight. i said "sure". but my friend said we should just get another cab before this guy goes psycho.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 PM

Can you swim in January? How is the beach in Pattaya?