UTG: 9,022
UTG+1: 4,529
Hero (UTG+2): 19,180
MP1: 2,098
MP2: 4,030
CO: 9,745
BTN: 9,464
SB: 3,358

Pre-Flop: (1,050) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A dealt to Hero (UTG+2)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to 800</font>, 5 folds, BB calls 400

Flop: (2,250) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets 400</font>, Hero calls 400

Turn: (3,050) J (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets 1,000</font>, BB calls 1,000

River: (5,050) A (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets 400</font>, Hero calls 400

Results: 5,850 Pot
BB showed 8 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Eights) and LOST (-2,650 NET)
Hero showed 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A (two pair, Aces and Fives) and WON 5,850 (+3,200 NET)

Villian is 21/7/1 100 hands +

Any comments or questions welcome.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Aces up on river

PF minraise is pretty ridiculous, especially with this hand from EP.

If you want to bluff the turn bet more, or just check, but that 1k bet isn't doing anything useful.

I think you could value raise the river, there's no way he's betting that small with 2 pair or better.

You need to work on your game, this whole hand is bad in a bad way if that makes any sense. You misplayed it in a way that makes me question whether you understand the basic concepts of the game. Just spend some time reading posts and studying hands and you'll catch on.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:39 AM

I fold this hand preflop. If you want to play that hand (what I do not recommend), raise larger. 3BB would be fine.

I would definitely raise his little flop donk. We often see him doing this by a draw or some smaller pair. He tells us that he would like to see the next cards cheap so do not do him the favour.

I make it 2400 and reevaluate on the turn if he calls.

As played, bet more on the turn. I would like to bet 2000 here.

As played, raise the river 4 value to ~3000.

Furthermore: Do not post results.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to work on your game, this whole hand is bad in a bad way if that makes any sense. You misplayed it in a way that makes me question whether you understand the basic concepts of the game. Just spend some time reading posts and studying hands and you'll catch on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't say it much better than this...
Old 10-16-2007, 02:49 AM

hand is horrible. first dont min raise. second just fold pf. when the flop hit, ok to call for the odds and 2nd pair but horrible to bet the turn just check behind.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PF minraise is pretty ridiculous, especially with this hand from EP.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a really tight player by nature in tourneys. I'm not all that experienced in middle stage play (ante time). This raise (and many other I do) was just to keep my image up and not to look like a rock who's folding all but the top 10%. Is it not true min raises are more respected when antes are involved? If i was 3b pf obviously my hands in the muck.

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to bluff the turn bet more, or just check, but that 1k bet isn't doing anything useful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed in the heat of the moment this is a terrible bet, probably a huge leak in my game, hes not folding to the bet and it gives me no information, point taken.
[ QUOTE ]
I think you could value raise the river, there's no way he's betting that small with 2 pair or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is another (of many i know) leak in my hand reading skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You need to work on your game, this whole hand is bad in a bad way if that makes any sense. You misplayed it in a way that makes me question whether you understand the basic concepts of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes since to me 100%, I picked the game up 3 years ago which i believe is enough to know the basics, granted im sure i don't know 100% of the basics ill go read Harrington's books one more time, maybe twice
Old 10-16-2007, 05:11 AM

this is a thread where I picture Barry coming in and teeing off on OP and restating his desire for a mid-level mtt forum.

anyways this hand is pretty awful. I don't think minraises are ever respected...looked at with disdain more like it. If you mean that you think you get more credit for a hand, then repop the flop when villain looks ridiculously weak.

if you're trying to look like less of a rock, raise some SC's in late position. when you get into a hand you should realize that there are 3 players behind you that are in shoving mode.

anyways fold preflop. as played, raise the flop as that bet might as well be a check. if you bet the turn bet more (and no not for information: see gobbo's post from last week). I'd raise the river to that retard sized blocking bet.

I was going to refrain but I couldn't help myself...if you started playing poker 3 years ago, you really haven't picked much up. Fortunately for you there'll be a ton of opportunity to learn in these forums. Read the stickies at the top of the forum and don't post results when posting a HH.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:22 AM

Dunkman covered it here. Your actions are almost entirely opposite to what they should be. Hang around, ask questions, and keep posting, you'll improve and start to get what we mean.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:03 AM

i fold every a rag pre .
Old 10-16-2007, 09:45 AM

how has no one suggested raising flop! this is such a lame/weak blocking/probe bet...raise it up right there and villain folds like 90% of the time.

this is classic microstakes behavior on part of villain.