Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Calling a 3 bet in pozz - NL $50 6m

[ QUOTE ]
you are playing for 100bbs, as others have said. effective stacks are not 1500bbs....

[/ QUOTE ]A typo becomes a useless distraction. Effective stacks are 100BB and its 3-way...what about the hand?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:52 PM

Jouster I'm just confused where you get this number of a maximum of 200bb. Its 3 handed so the pot could grow to 300bb potentially.
I don't think calling is necessarily bad here, but it depends on reads imo. How often are you going to be able to get one of their stacks in if you hit?
I think you need have one of them commiting a stack like always when you hit a big enough hand to continue to call here.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:02 PM

lol obv typo I know what a BB is guys...I'm just curious if theres a good chance I can rake in a roughly 150 BB pot by calling 7.5 BB's more in pozz is it a bad call? Good responses so far, keep em coming
Old 10-05-2007, 07:25 PM

I think the call is fine. Position, interesting hand, the right two opponents, pf 3bet is too small...

There's a reason why we tell people to 3bet larger when oop: so villain's can't call correctly with their raising range. SB's raise is light, and as an added bonus, BB comes along. Play poker.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:29 PM

AZplaya, I've got two conflicting opinions on this...

1.) I say no, won't get enough out of them, when you do hit, because of the descriptions that you have of them. Ones a fish and will run, and the other is a straightforward nit. Any decent flop that hits you and not them (gotta figure them for broadway, so anything that helps you, doesn't inspire much confidence for them) will make them run. I think your implied odds here are rather small, which would make you 7.5BB's hard to recoup in the long run.

2.) The opposing opinion is what image do they have of you? I've seen you at the tables and you're capable of bluffing, so when a non-descript board hits and you wake up all the sudden, especially when you're last to act, I'm not sure I can give you credit all the time, and might just donk off more of my stack than I should (a personal specialty of mine, possibly even a superpower, but I digress), trying to make you prove it. If they have the same read on you, then your implied odds go way up because thats a sneaky hand.

If I have to choose between the 2 possibilities, I take #1 and say its not worth it, but definitely consider your table image here in making this call.