Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 01-27-2007, 01:07 PM

Default What did I tell you about cold calling my reraises?

This is the fourth orbit of an EPT satellite. CO is pretty LAGGY and we've had a few minor squabbles. BB also seems a bit LAGGY (22/18 so far, at an 8-handed table) but has played pretty well in every hand he's been involved in.

When I reraised, BB called REALLY quickly. It almost seemed like it could have been an accident, as though he were intending to call the raise and didn't notice my reraise until it was too late. He also acted pretty quickly on the flop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP1 (t2430)
MP2 (t2380)
MP3 (t1720)
CO (t2840)
Hero (t2710)
SB (t2730)
BB (t2320)
UTG (t2040)
UTG+1 (t3230)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t70</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t210</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls t190, CO folds.

Flop: (t500) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t600</font>, Hero?
Old 01-27-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: What did I tell you about cold calling my reraises?

Well, I'm pretty sure you are still WA here, so just push and expect to get called by KJ, QJ, TT sometimes, and of course, QQ+ and any 6.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:13 PM

I don't why a push would be good here. If he's mincheckraising light, it's to give himself room to fold.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:41 PM

My knee-jerk is with RichC. BB could assume you are restealing from a laggy CO. I am trying to ignore your timing tell (accident) as there was still a fold in between and BB is still cold calling 2 raises and the most likely piece he hit was TPGK or PP 77-TT.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:42 PM

check behind on flop. Fold as played.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check behind on flop. Fold as played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would you check fold here?
Old 01-27-2007, 02:12 PM

Rich,
I think he was saying he "would" have ck behind on flop and evaluate turn. As played he is folding to the flop raise. I think you miss value by not leading but I could be wrong.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rich,
I think he was saying he "would" have ck behind on flop and evaluate turn. As played he is folding to the flop raise. I think you miss value by not leading but I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you can get value from anything really. His range is usually TT+, AK.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:19 PM

I'd certainly bet the flop here, just seems routine to do so. Same with any two cards. Got to expect a raise from a LAGgy player. My first inclination was to re-raise the flop, push seems only reasonable raise amount. But I'm thinking if he's the type of player to fire again, sensing that you're call on the flop was weak, I'd let him do it. Call the flop, let him bet the turn. Probably raise then as I think he'd be pot committed with a real hand (like a middle pair). Obviously you're in trouble if he's got a 6 or big pair but I don't see how you could get away from the hand if he really is a LAG.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd certainly bet the flop here, just seems routine to do so. Same with any two cards. Got to expect a raise from a LAGgy player. My first inclination was to re-raise the flop, push seems only reasonable raise amount. But I'm thinking if he's the type of player to fire again, sensing that you're call on the flop was weak, I'd let him do it. Call the flop, let him bet the turn. Probably raise then as I think he'd be pot committed with a real hand (like a middle pair). Obviously you're in trouble if he's got a 6 or big pair but I don't see how you could get away from the hand if he really is a LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got about 30 hands on him. In that time, he's been mixing it up but not going crazy. My description of him was "a bit LAGGY". He hasn't shown down a bluff or won a bunch of pots post-flop without showdown or anything.