Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $2.99
BB: $2.37
UTG: $1.66
MP: $5.47
CO: $7.94
Hero (BTN): $6.68

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.20</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.31) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.25</font>, MP calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.81) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.60</font>, MP calls $0.60

River: ($2.01) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, Hero checks

Results: $2.01 Pot ($0.10 Rake)
MP showed J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$0.99 NET)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Kings) and WON $2.03 (+$1.04 NET)

I was scared of the second king but in retrospect he was problably on a flush draw. Should i have bet the river here for value or did my check make sure i wasn't at risk of being check-raised by trip kings? I think a flush draw wouldnt call me anyway so what hand would call me that i can beat right?

- edit: the hand history wasnt exactly right. MP raised to 0.06 and i raised him.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Did I miss value here?

[ QUOTE ]

I was scared of the second king but in retrospect he was problably on a flush draw. Should i have bet the river here for value or did my check make sure i wasn't at risk of being check-raised by trip kings? I think a flush draw wouldnt call me anyway so what hand would call me that i can beat right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you answered your own question. Without any reads you are only getting called by hands that beat you, so there is no value in betting.

Sometimes you'll have a read like "this guy will call me down with middle pair" or something similar, in that case you bet and re-evaluate if he check-raises.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:25 PM

Not that it matters but if hes calling you with JQ high then its likely you could have gotten more value on the flop and turn. I think you played the hand just fine either way.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:50 PM

You played it fine. As mentioned above, there is no value in betting.

Next time, dont post the results. They are irrelevant to your decision on the river.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:31 PM

Only thing I'd do differently is raise more flop and turn and check behind on river
Old 10-17-2007, 06:55 PM

Bet river fold to raise
Old 10-17-2007, 07:02 PM

I don't think villain checks made trips here that often, and I also think that having the second K come makes villain less likely to think you have a King (or better) yourself. Thus I think often villain will call with a PP here.

So I think valuebet and fold to a raise has some equity in it. Am I crazy?
Old 10-17-2007, 09:21 PM

Posting the results is going to bias the replies that you get. If we know villan had no hand we're going to tell you that you didn't miss any value because he wasn't calling anyway.

On the river here I'm not too apt to bet. The line where they just call you down often indicates a weakish top pair hand. And this is a spot where a lot of players might want to to get tricky and check-raise you. Checking behind looks better than betting because I don't think that his calling range is very wide.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:25 PM

The situation is so marginal it doesn't really matter.

He isn't going to pay you off with a worse hand very often because if he doesn't have a king then its a scare card and makes it less likely he is going to call. draws are so much in his range and that means he is folding those. These villians will frequently try to checkraise this river.

I do not think you lost a substantial amount of value. if I were to bet, it would have to be small, and I would be worried about inducing a bluff. This is fine.

BTW, whats with the preflop raise?