Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: optimize profit/loss here

btw im raising preflop here alot (not always) prevent ragged blind hands from hitting but also to possibly buy a free card bc often the "check to the raiser " mentality kicks in
Old 10-08-2007, 03:47 PM

Yea wp ham, wouldnt have done anything different myself except for the raise pf but thats no big and you said you usually do that.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:14 PM

nh OP. aside from not raising pre, it's how I would've played it.

I think you did a good job of limiting your possible loss (if he had a better hand), but also you got some more chips from villain. If you had raised flop (hindsight being 20/20) villain would have folded without getting another bet out of him.

ssnyc, with one limper and being otb, I'm always raising kq here. KQ doesn't play well in some situations but this one, a raise most often takes down the pot pf or limper calls the raise and we're HU last to act. A situation where I wouldn't always raise KQ otb is if there are 3/4 chronic limpers who always end up calling a raise (because of the limpers my raise has to be 6-7bb and with multiple callers the pot gets juiced to the point where even though I'm in position, KQ still sucks).
Old 10-08-2007, 04:25 PM

Also of note here, villain played his hand wrong on the river. His hand, 99 is a great bluff catcher, but not much else. There is little he can hope to bluff hero off of, so he should check/call the river if the turn and river are both blanks.

Sherman
Old 10-08-2007, 10:56 PM

There's a lot of good replies here. I don't really have anything to add but I just wanted to suggest to anyone thinking of raising this flop to reread what rupert/sherman/stumpy/etc said. This is a very typical wa/wb situation that a lot of people in this forum have problems with.