Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Limbaugh Smear Letter: Why Talk Radio is Needed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And saying the 41 senators who signed the letter as using "stalinist tactics " does not equate to labeling Harry "Dingy" Reid, as a stalinist, btw. Which is what I believe Felix said when I reread his statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, good ole Joe and his legendary tactics of just publicly speaking out against his political rivals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sensational and dramatic much ? Just read the guys post and my response in context.

Of course, you don't care about that. Cause then, you have nothing to say!

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it all in context. Whether you call Reid a Stalinist or the tactics as Stalinist, both are very poor analogies. A senator being an ass and speaking out against Rush Limbaugh on the Senate floor is not quite the same as sending thousands to their deaths for their beliefs, which would be a Stalinist tactic. But hey yeah whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored].

Whatever, man. And I wasn't even the one who asked the f'n question! Geeeeeeeezus. You are obviously lost.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And saying the 41 senators who signed the letter as using "stalinist tactics " does not equate to labeling Harry "Dingy" Reid, as a stalinist, btw. Which is what I believe Felix said when I reread his statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, good ole Joe and his legendary tactics of just publicly speaking out against his political rivals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sensational and dramatic much ? Just read the guys post and my response in context.

Of course, you don't care about that. Cause then, you have nothing to say!

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it all in context. Whether you call Reid a Stalinist or the tactics as Stalinist, both are very poor analogies. A senator being an ass and speaking out against Rush Limbaugh on the Senate floor is not quite the same as sending thousands to their deaths for their beliefs, which would be a Stalinist tactic. But hey yeah whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored].

Whatever, man. And I wasn't even the one who asked the f'n question! Geeeeeeeezus. You are obviously lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you were the one who jumped in to point out that Felix didn't call Reid a Stalinist, just his tactics. As if that makes a difference. Which now you admit it doesn't. Good game.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do I doubt that you were as outraged when the GOP led the charge to condemn the right of free speech exercised by moveon.org and the freedom of the press by the NY Times?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does a 501(c)(3) organization have free political speech?

Didn't think so.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do I doubt that you were as outraged when the GOP led the charge to condemn the right of free speech exercised by moveon.org and the freedom of the press by the NY Times?

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, yes.

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press

I think my source trumps yours.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't think so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umm, yes.

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when it comes to criticizing politicians within 60 days of an election, we don't have freedom of speech. Congress passes McCain-Feingold, which greatly limited our ability to express our feelings on politicians running for election. I can say what I want, I just can't use paid media to do it. IMO, a gross violation of the First Amendment. However, the Supreme Court said it was kosher. Only a matter of time before the scope of this type of restriction is expanded. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

IRS trumps everyone, moron.

Ace of Trump
Old 10-20-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ace of Trump

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever the IRS law, if Congressmen are on the floor condemning an ad in a newspaper, they are condemning free speech. Just because the law already restricts free speech does not mean the concept of free speech all of a sudden doesn't exist. The Constitutional reference merely shows that the right of free speech is acknowledged by our government. That reference doesn't mean that that right is respected in practice.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ace of Trump

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever the IRS law, if Congressmen are on the floor condemning an ad in a newspaper, they are condemning free speech. Just because the law already restricts free speech does not mean the concept of free speech all of a sudden doesn't exist. The Constitutional reference merely shows that the right of free speech is acknowledged by our government. That reference doesn't mean that that right is respected in practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

A fine dodge and slight-of-hand. Buh Bye.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ace of Trump

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A fine dodge and slight-of-hand. Buh Bye.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you are right. The first amendment does not really exist any more because the IRS said so.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:51 PM

The only person engaging in Stalinist tactics here is Fatty Limbaugh. Maybe Fatty's pills are affecting his memory.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200709280009