Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 06:30 PM

Default razz: how is my aggression level on these two?

Hand #1:

Razz ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (7.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (5.30 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls

6th Street - (11.30 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

River - (15.30 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___raises

Total pot: (19.30 BB - $9.65)

Hand #2:

Razz ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (14.00 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (9.00 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (11.00 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (13.00 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (13.00 BB - $6.50)
Old 07-05-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: razz: how is my aggression level on these two?

Hand #1 looks great you pounded while ahead. Hand 2 why are you betting 6th street when you are clearly behind? If opponent has 76 or 75 under you have between 40 and 42% equity in the pot.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:32 PM

I'm not suggesting that we need more $.25/.50 razz threads, but I don't see any compelling reason that these had to go together.

First hand: third's fine. I'm a little suspicious of A4's check on fourth, but I bet anyway. I'd bet fifth, but if, as I suspect, he's got a smooth Nine, he's actually the favorite over your rough made hand. I would only call the check-raise. There's probably enough chance that the Five paired him that I think you should bet sixth. When he raises, he's representing a wheel. You can almost fold there, can't you? If you can't bet your 64 on seventh street, you shouldn't have been in there to begin with. He raises again, and the wheel is still the only thing that makes sense. I think you only have a crying call.

Of course, $.25/.50 players probably do a lot of things that don't make sense, in which case you'll look pretty silly for not putting more money in with the second nuts.

Second hand, I probably wouldn't bloat the pot on third. Definitely raise fourth, though. Obviously, you bet fifth, but I don't understand the bet on sixth. Do you think the Nine paired him? On the river you're basically never good.

Have you finished SOP yet?
Old 07-06-2007, 05:15 AM

Dont we have to pump 3rd on Hand 2, because of the two Aces and the 3 and 4 out?
Old 07-06-2007, 05:56 AM

reraising is a bad idea because it can give opponents who brick the pot odds to call a bad 4th street and beat us. It can also trap us in a hand where hero feels obligated to call with a semi-dead hand.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:51 AM

The problem with bloating the pot on third is that you don't have a huge equity edge, and everyone will be playing the same on the later streets.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with bloating the pot on third is that you don't have a huge equity edge, and everyone will be playing the same on the later streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your comment is much more applicable to HU pots (and rational players I might add). Exactly how many players at 0.25/0.50 do you think are going to play a 4-way pot differently with 10SB in the pot as opposed to 14SB?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:26 AM

Presumably Carlos will make adjustments.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reraising is a bad idea because it can give opponents who brick the pot odds to call a bad 4th street and beat us. It can also trap us in a hand where hero feels obligated to call with a semi-dead hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I am going to 5th sts. no matter what (even if it is like 3 bets cold to me) because hy hand is so live on 3rd, and I contain blockers to everyone else's hand (my pair cards are dead). So since I am never folding 4th, pumping the pot on 3rd when I have a clear edge is correct, so that my call on 4th is correct even if everyone catches good and I don't.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is our edge really that small? We have only 1 dead card, and 4 of our pairing cards are out. Hands as strong as this are pretty rare, I don't see any reason not to pump it.

Giving everyone credit for a hand: callers unpaired 8's or better, and the raiser unpaired 6's or better, and we have 35.5% equity in a 4-way pot. Since this is 0.25/.50, there's a good chance someone has a bad hand, and our edge should be even greater.

Razz Simulation
172,629 trials (Randomized)
dead cards: 6K9A
Hand Pot equity Wins Ties
A43 35.51% 60,831 943
(8-8-3) 17.74% 30,405 443
(8-8-A) 22.21% 38,044 585
(6-6-4) 24.54% 41,997 734