Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: awkward spot with a good draw

If you have a ddecent image i would 3 bet the turn and fire any fire given that you donked at got raised. I also quite like the the turn donk and think it has plenty of F/e against PP<TT and ace high type hands, so like your line but would 3 town the turn. The pot is already medium size, your equity is almost always pretty decent, and he doesn't have to have a very strong hand here. Given that you called the turn, i would check the river and fold to a 3 bet, unless you think he folds a T to a donk bet b/c kT got there, but i would still guess c/f is most prudent.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:16 PM

call me crazy, but i would feel much more comfortable with donking the TURN if u CR the FLOP because then u get credit for that Q, so long as he doesnt have a Q (OBVIOUSLY) i think u take this one down on TURN if he has PP 10's or less of AJ but the way u played it, it just wreaks of a draw or a J......
Old 08-12-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a ddecent image i would 3 bet the turn and fire any fire given that you donked at got raised. I also quite like the the turn donk and think it has plenty of F/e against PP<TT and ace high type hands, so like your line but would 3 town the turn. The pot is already medium size, your equity is almost always pretty decent, and he doesn't have to have a very strong hand here. Given that you called the turn, i would check the river and fold to a 3 bet, unless you think he folds a T to a donk bet b/c kT got there, but i would still guess c/f is most prudent.

[/ QUOTE ]

once you play the flop this way, i know you don't have anything, even if you do bet/3bet the turn.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:34 PM

If im up against people who can read hands then yes my play looks very weak. Obviously I would have checkraised the flop with a Q or worse, and if i had a monster i probably would've put flop action in.

take into consideration though i only give 1 of the 3 of them credit for reading hands at a decent enough level to come to the conclusion I don't have a good hand

Yeah I definitely was thinking 3 bet bluff. Unfortunately this guy is not a folder, I have played with him for a fair amount and my read is even he can put me on a better hand, if he has a pair he is not leaving.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:01 PM

Haven't read responses but the turn bet seems pointless if you aren't going to 3bet if you get raised. Sometimes it's even okay to just c/c c/c c/f with draws.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:51 AM

I'm all about playing draws passive when it's called for, but given the button's huge huge pf range, the strength of my draw, and the other 2 players not really indicating strength it seems I should be making a play at this one to try to win without a showdown.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm all about playing draws passive when it's called for, but given the button's huge huge pf range, the strength of my draw, and the other 2 players not really indicating strength it seems I should be making a play at this one to try to win without a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, i just think the time to do it is on the flop.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

once you play the flop this way, i know you don't have anything, even if you do bet/3bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunatley by you, you would often get capped by my Q9 that waited until a good turn card to c/r since donks like you

a.) assume ppl. do not restrain themselves from c/r a pair on the flop every single time

b.) have no idea just how cool my phone still is

Seriously tho, if we know he always has a showdown hand obv. don't bet 3 bet, but it can definitley be right against some ppl. here. Especially sicne i would play AJ the same way here postflop if i didnt 3 bet preflop.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunatley by you, you would often get capped by my Q9 that waited until a good turn card to c/r since donks like you

a.) assume ppl. do not restrain themselves from c/r a pair on the flop every single time

b.) have no idea just how cool my phone still is

Seriously tho, if we know he always has a showdown hand obv. don't bet 3 bet, but it can definitley be right against some ppl. here. Especially sicne i would play AJ the same way here postflop if i didnt 3 bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not talking about c/r'ing the turn, though, they're talking about betting it. So basically I think if you bet the turn after you get raised on the flop, 3betting the turn is horrible. It has basically 0FE. I love bet-3betting the turn with draws as much as the next guy but I think, on this board, a check-call flop followed by bet-3bet turn is FOS so often that it's just ridiculously spewy overall.

Rob