Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: ok i was VERY lost here

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone but the biggest donk would play T9 this way.

What are you beating that he's playing this way? This is a clear fold IMO.

If the turn were a heart though....

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the best way to play T9 here, then? (I'm not defending the theoretical action with T9, this is an honest question, as it would seem as though against OP, this play with T9 both protected his hand against overcards and could get OP to fold a better hand.)

I suppose the argument is that OP would not call the minraise with less than an overpair, less than 50% of the time, so the turn push is -EV. Which then means that min-checkraising almost any continuation flop bet is monstrously +EV.

NL makes my brain hurt.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:53 PM

If I was SB with T9s, I would have bet-folded the flop. Note it's impossible for us to have a FD with T9s.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I was SB with T9s, I would have bet-folded the flop. Note it's impossible for us to have a FD with T9s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a bad line if min-checkraising the flop gets everything to fold that isn't top pair or better, and there will almost always be a continuation bet on the flop. ??
Old 08-03-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a bad line if min-checkraising the flop gets everything to fold that isn't top pair or better, and there will almost always be a continuation bet on the flop. ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Min-checkraising will also likely get big draws (A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) to come over the top. HU I would go with a c/r to $30ish.

You really don't want to see any more cards and multiway I'm happy telling everyone I hit that and taking it down if they didn't.

I'm as much looking for feedback and suggesting a line.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:27 PM

I'd fold the flop here.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:05 AM

snap call and lose to the 333
Old 08-05-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you calling the flop check minraise to see what he does on the turn, hoping a heart freezes him up, stacking off, hoping to turn trips, what? Need to come up with a plan, because you have to assume he is shoving a majority of turn cards so you should know it's coming ohterwise you cost yourself an extra 10 bets everytime on the flop... I'd also ignore the stats over such small samples, better to go with your gut on how you feel they've been playing

[/ QUOTE ]

AZK,

I agree with you that it's very important to make a plan for the turn here before we call the flop, but IMO at these levels (and even up to 2/4!) many players will min-cr that flop "For information" and then slow down on the turn when called, with everything from 2nd PP to TPMK to AK-hi.

I think calling flop / fold to turn push is much better than folding outright without more information on our opponent.

At higher limits (3/6, 5/10 etc) you may need to plan to call most turn cards because aggressive players may take this line as a semibluff, since it mimicks a set so well and may generate more FE than the traditional check-bombcr or b3bai.

Surf