Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: List people who make your life worse, and those who make it better

imo this thread would be better if we listed specific people and not groups of people.

Also this should not be people who annoy you. We're looking for a tangible direct effect on your life. People who sit weird on the bus don't really make your life worse.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3. People who sit alone on the aisle seat on the bus. This is a 2-3 person cohort each day on my morning ride. Note: this is the BUS, not your private f'ing limo service. If you cannot bring yourself to be in close contact with fellow humans then maybe you should stay off PUBLIC transportation. Get over your self, sit by the window and get your ticket for the freak magnet lottery like everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you just sit next to these people?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's TRYING to, but they make it so damn difficult.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imo this thread would be better if we listed specific people and not groups of people.

Also this should not be people who annoy you. We're looking for a tangible direct effect on your life. People who sit weird on the bus don't really make your life worse.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, just because you lost, like, 823 lbs. of fatness doesn't mean you can tell us how to post in your thread -- dammit.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Billy Packer and Dick Vitale. I love watching basketball on TV. Love it. I cannot watch a game if either of these two clowns is working. This means that I end up either avoiding or just suffering through almost every meaningful game of the year. Chris Berman also merits mention here as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Scott Van Pelt and Neil Everett. The current best sportscenter anchors. Reminds me of when Patrick and Olberman were actually funny. Always just a fun happy time when they're on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Also this should not be people who annoy you. We're looking for a tangible direct effect on your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids, so your like or dislike of various sports announcers has a tangible direct effect on your life?
Old 06-18-2007, 04:35 PM

Ok, Dids wants specific people.

worse: Some coworkers. We see lawyers expense reports. I often hear "OMG, they spent $200 on a dinner with a client. I wish I could do that and have the firm pick it up." Once an email mistakenly got to our department instead of payroll, and we were able to see a new associates starting salary plus signing bonus. Idiots went berzerk. Another favorite quote here is "All I need is $50000 and my life would be so much better." OH really? Would it?

Better: The cafeteria lady that hooks me up whenever I buy food. You usually get 3 slices of bacon for breakfast. Not me..I get 4 or 5! And anyone who knows me would tell you...fastest way to my heart is giving me more bacon.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:37 PM

Chess,

They make things I love either much better or much worse.

I think the vast majority of people don't have much effect on my life at all. It's in my power to ignore them, avoid them, whatever. But a bad TV announcer on a game that I feel I must see, that's painful.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:40 PM

Better - my girlfriend. She's patient, puts up with my crap and feeds me most of the time.

Better - the idiots in my various fantasy baseball leagues who drop Adrian Gonzalez and Garrett Atkins to waivers. This helps me.

Worse - my idiot boss. This guy couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag with a rip in it. I've managed to not get paid for 2 weeks now due to his incompetence and now I have to wait like 2-3 more weeks.

Worse - the idiot people I work with. With 1 or 2 exceptions it's like a Down's syndrome benefit every day. They can't type, they can't negotiate a basic Windows environment (that's your [censored] job idiot, figure it the [censored] out) and they generally make me want to smoke a shotgun.

Worse - the idiot regulars at the bar I go to. There are two groups of people who go there: my friends and I (a.k.a. those who don't suck wretchedly at life) and everyone else. They smell badly, they request terrible music in the jukebox and they turn on the [censored] Yankees games when the bartenders / my friends aren't paying attention. They should all be shot Gestapo style against the brick wall outside.

Worse - the hoodlums who live on my block. I can't even take my TV out of the back seat of my car (under a blanket that I am covering it with) because these freaking wannabe gangsters would probably rob me right on the spot. They chill there all day and all night, wandering around the block, standing in front of the barber shop, etc. [censored] useless deuchebag punks. The cops don't even drive down my street. I am strongly considering getting a giant confederate flag, a cowboy hat and a shotgun and sitting on the porch 24/7 blasting banjo music and drinking miller lite in order to combat this offensive display of human baseness.

Worse - the stupid owner of the bar I always go to, who charges full price for everything all the time, despite the fact that it's well known that none of my friends or I generally pay for more than 2 or 3 drinks (since we're there 4-5 times a week and provide 80%+ of their business). [censored] that bitch and her stupid shriveling head.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the stupid owner of the bar I always go to, who charges full price for everything all the time, despite the fact that it's [b]well known that none of my friends or I generally pay for more than 2 or 3 drinks (since we're there 4-5 times a week and provide 80%+ of their business).

[/ QUOTE ]

>>> head as-plodes <<<<
Old 06-18-2007, 04:51 PM

Worse:
I take a commuter train and in the a.m. commute there is this guy who sleeps and he snores the entire time. This is only interrupted by sleep-apnea-induced snorts every minute or so after he doesn't take a breath for about 20 seconds.
I've recently had to move cars.

Better:
The guy at Falafel King on Winter Street. I've recently shown interest in him, gotten his name and begun small-talking him whenever I go.
My Falafel Salad Plates have since gotten much bigger.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Worse - the stupid owner of the bar I always go to, who charges full price for everything all the time, despite the fact that it's well known that none of my friends or I generally pay for more than 2 or 3 drinks (since we're there 4-5 times a week and provide 80%+ of their business). [censored] that bitch and her stupid shriveling head.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your argument is that she should charge less because you're going to stiff her anyway? This doesn't make much sense to me. And if your bartender friends are stealing drinks for you, why do you care what she's actually charging you?