I just sort of sat down and no reads.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

BB ($75.20)
UTG ($115.45)
MP ($149.10)
Hero ($50)
Button ($29)
SB ($24.40)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($4.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $6.5</font>, Hero...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

SB ($74.95)
BB ($111.65)
UTG ($54.95)
Hero ($52.05)
CO ($43)
Button ($26.65)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($5.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $15</font>, Hero...

He thought for a while before raising.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Two spots against two separate unknowns

fold both and make a note against unknowns.

Hand 1 he might be doing this on a diamond draw, but that's a risky assumption to make with your top pair weak kicker. Most players give credit to PFR when the king flops, so I doubt he's doing this with a made hand that you beat.

Hand 2 we have a hand that hit a flop that doesn't look like we'd hit it. I don't trust your timing tell since villain could be multitabling, but I'd pay especially close attention to this villain from now on. I'm guessing 99/TT, most villains would probably raise smaller with a set (I think). It's possible that this villain is a thinking villain and realizes that the only hands that are paying him anyways are draws, which he wants to charge, and overpairs, which will probably pay him off. Either way, if he's doing this without any reads with something like 77, then he's a donkey and you'll have better opportunities later.

Other possibilities are A8 (you're drawing slim) and two overs + flushdraw, thinking he has fold equity and you probably missed. The only hands you beat are 98 and 78, and you really aren't getting any more action out of them if you call (Reverse implied odds rears its ugly head). Most players probably aren't aggressive enough to check/raise those hands anyways, even on a flop like this. All in all, this just isn't a flop you can feel too confident on, just fold and move on.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:49 AM

Thanks, these are pretty standard thoughts I should/usually be thinking. I felt like a big douche and shoved both.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:56 AM

hand 2 should be a fairly straight forward fold, lots of overpairs beat you and your kicker isnt great plus you will either get bluffed off the best hand or pay off a flush from time to time when a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hits.

hand 1 I'd probably call, its a min bet which are so often weak hands or bluffs, I'd be folding any none J or [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turn to a reasonable bet, if he checks it I'd figure a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] as a significant part of his range but give him the free card to keep the pot small, if a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] comes on the river I'll respect him for beating me one way or another, if not I'll call a smallish bet. I'd wouldnt be calling this without the backdoor draw and if it was a bigger bet I'd probably fold it to.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:37 AM

hand 1, i'd call and try to get to cheap showdown. if we were oop, i might fold

hand 2, fold to flop check raise. you really dont beat anything