Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: OK lets get this ball rolling (AP)

Another possibility is that someone has access to a router near the server and that they are packet sniffing to get the hole cards of the other players. I'm sure the packets are encrypted but if you have access to the key...
Old 09-21-2007, 05:50 PM

My apologies if I am out of line for posting this here. I think it is a great idea, and may have been missed/overlooked with all the clutter in the BBV thread.

Here is a suggestion.

It has already been suggested to approach Bluff or Cardplayer magazines. While this was a good idea, I highly doubt that they will print anything we submitted to them since it would affect advertising dollars from AP and most likely other online sites as well! There is definitely a conflict of interest for either of these publications to publish such a negative story. I would assume they would get pressure from other online sites not to print it. Since it could also negatively impact their business.

Instead, I suggest that we collectively create a statement that explains the situation clearly to anyone. Basically a cliff notes of the cliff notes. It should contain accurate statistical data, and it would not hurt to mention recognizable long term winners in online poker (assuming that they are willing to have their names mentioned) in order to give credibility to the story. Basically to show that it is not someone whining because they got "unlucky" and lost some money.

While this is being done, someone (maybe more then one person) perhaps apefish, if he were willing could gather names and contact info from people in every state and province in the US and Canada, and anywhere else in the world for that matter. These people would be volunteers who would , on an agreed upon date, simultaneously contact and submit our statement to local newspapers in as many possible cities and towns as we have volunteers for. At the very least we would have the story submitted to one newspaper in every state and province in US and Canada. This would be over 60 newspapers at a minimum. It would reach a HUGE volume of people and if there was interest in the story, local radio and television stations would likely comment on it as well. It would be much a much more effective tactic to get AP to answer for what happened.

Basically getting the word out to avid poker players is not hard. Surely this has been accomplished by the threads already created. More of a threat to AP would be getting this story out to casual players, and people who are thinking about perhaps playing there. And of course if there are any serious players who don't frequent online forums, well they likely read the newspaper.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:21 AM

Great idea, let's make sure every donkey as well as every republican in America knows that online poker is corrupt.

Good plan.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great idea, let's make sure every donkey as well as every republican in America knows that online poker is corrupt.

Good plan.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-22-2007, 07:37 PM

Seriously i'm not telling anybody that's not my good friend about this why would i want to kill online poker. Let's just not play at that site anymore.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:26 AM

I don't have much of an opinion since I refuse to play "higher" stakes on-line because of this exact possibility.

HOWEVER, I think a couple hundreds hands is way to small a sample size. I've seen poker-tracker stats on several players whose brief run of stats can show them to play completely contrary to what I would "expect".

Furthermore, as much as everyone here respects Schneids... and as thorough as his research was... I do believe that in the last 4 years, anytime an "average" player has called foul about online poker, they have been chastised and crucified for even thinking it.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously i'm not telling anybody that's not my good friend about this why would i want to kill online poker. Let's just not play at that site anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I study Media Relations at Uni, and yes telling everyone about this WOULD be bad for ALL online poker.

It is like when oil spills in the ocean, average Joe thinks all oil companies are bad not just the cheap one that couldn't be bothered with proper safety precautions.

Online Poker is in such a delicate potion at the moment that a situation like this MUST be contained. For all involved. Tough AP should be accountable for the losses incurred to players, the players involved should weigh the damages against their potential earnings over the next few years.

Obviously my reccomendation as your (2+2) media consultant is to leave AP. If there is going to be some kind of extensive report written that will actually be understandable to an non poekr player then send it. Not to the Media but to AP.

If that fails to grap their attention, then threaten to make the situation public. However before doing so I would advise to seriously clean and monitor the content so as to avoid slandering other poker sites in any way. In fact I would try to reference their fairness.

Also In my opinion this topic has probably already recieved too much attention, and should probably be either retitled or locked.

JT
Old 09-24-2007, 07:48 AM

"HOWEVER, I think a couple hundreds hands is way to small a sample size. I've seen poker-tracker stats on several players whose brief run of stats can show them to play completely contrary to what I would "expect".

Furthermore, as much as everyone here respects Schneids... and as thorough as his research was... I do believe that in the last 4 years, anytime an "average" player has called foul about online poker, they have been chastised and crucified for even thinking it."

I don't smile much, thanks.

-Michael
Old 09-24-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have much of an opinion since I refuse to play "higher" stakes on-line because of this exact possibility.

HOWEVER, I think a couple hundreds hands is way to small a sample size. I've seen poker-tracker stats on several players whose brief run of stats can show them to play completely contrary to what I would "expect".

Furthermore, as much as everyone here respects Schneids... and as thorough as his research was... I do believe that in the last 4 years, anytime an "average" player has called foul about online poker, they have been chastised and crucified for even thinking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weirdly, aren't you the guy who decided that a game at the Cburry was dirty based on like 2 hours of play?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weirdly, aren't you the guy who decided that a game at the Cburry was dirty based on like 2 hours of play?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahah, dids thanks for reminding, makes his post hilarious.