Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2007, 12:50 PM

Default List people who make your life worse, and those who make it better

Worse:

1- The Retard Old Lady that works for me. Only the fact that I work for the state and thus it's impossible to fire people keeps me from firing her. She's dense, which means I have to solve her problems for her. She's argumentative and passive agressive, and doesn't really respond to instruction. Her short term memory is mostly shot, which just makes teaching her anything new impossible. My job as a supervisor is so much easier on days she's not here, even if I have to do her work. The worst part is that given her situation, instead of letting her go, we just have to ask her to do less and less, so it isn't like she'll ever lose her job. As a thought on the overall theme of this post, there is no person with more ability to make you life such than a [censored] employee.

2- (tie) Billy Packer and Dick Vitale. I love watching basketball on TV. Love it. I cannot watch a game if either of these two clowns is working. This means that I end up either avoiding or just suffering through almost every meaningful game of the year. Chris Berman also merits mention here as well.

3- Old smelly man in gym. This isn't so much a specific person, but a type of person. The guy who gets up and hits the gym on Saturdy morning without showering, still smelling of last night's meal, [censored], and apparent frolicing in a pile of pig crap. He's also the guy that does 20 reps of some meaningless weight and just picks machines at random (wherein "random" is defined as "whatever you want to use next). This guy not only is making my life suck, he's not really helping out his either. Bonus points if he's wearing dress shoes.

Better:

1- My Bus Driver on the way home. He always stops exactly where I'm standing, drives smart, is nice and friendly, and he's even learned to use the mic for the bus's PA system properly.

2- My student assistant. Smart, does good work, is ok with horrible stuffing jobs. As much as a [censored] employee can [censored] up your day, a good one is a godsend. A good one who does the [censored] stuff you would otherwise be doing is even better.

3- Scott Van Pelt and Neil Everett. The current best sportscenter anchors. Reminds me of when Patrick and Olberman were actually funny. Always just a fun happy time when they're on.