Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 06:48 AM

Default River spot against loose passive

He seems somewhat competent as a loose passive though.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

UTG ($10.50)
MP ($32.05)
CO ($57.40)
Button ($52.50)
Hero ($59.10)
BB ($35.35)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, Hero calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($5) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, BB folds, MP folds, CO calls $3.50, Button folds.

Turn: ($12) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8.5</font>, CO calls $8.50.

River: ($29) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $19</font>, Hero...

I think I'm getting vbet and my hand is now a bluff catcher.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:03 AM

Default Re: River spot against loose passive

I play it about the same. Bet more on the flop, closer to pot, 2/3-3/4 is good for turn. Check/call river is good. If he got there with KQ or slowplayed a set, then meh, but your hand is too strong to fold here
Old 04-24-2007, 07:04 AM

B/F &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&g t;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; C/C against a loose passive
Old 04-24-2007, 07:07 AM

Yeah, I aggree with kolo, lead the river for a combination of value &amp; blocking bet, around $10 or so.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:10 AM

I fold pf here, I dont like to play AJ OOP here multi-way. I hate rasing to 6 here (pf) too cause if called we'll be behind most of the time.

Bet fold looks good, he'll call with something like QJ and raise with kq, He could also have AT. As played i think you should call here cause you'll see AT enough.

If your going to call up to 15 you might as well bet it cause you could get him to fold some % of the time.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:30 AM

A great stat to have in your PA Hud which will help you with these types of decisions is the Bets on River %. Any % above ~35% or so will mean that this person is betting all kinds of stuff on the end. If he is loose passive as you say then you are probably beat but as you played it I dont understand why you would bet down then check river, yeah straight may have gotten there but at least throw a blocker out and protect your hand a little. The way you played it though lookes like you had a busted flush if I were playing you and If I had any piece of this I probably bet about the same as he did. At this point on the river you have to call eventhough we may be beat. Make a note of what he had and move on.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:03 AM

I fold this preflop a lot. You can't flop anything you want to play against multiple opponents. (I call AJs).

And you'll always be OOP...
Old 04-24-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I aggree with kolo, lead the river for a combination of value &amp; blocking bet, around $16 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]