Default Re: My iPhone review (long)

[ QUOTE ]
without really pissing off their core support base when they dropped the price

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure they pissed a lot of people off today
Old 09-05-2007, 04:54 PM

All,

Crunchgear is reporting that rebates will be available for those who purchased iPhones before the price cut, within 14 days. Details at www.crunchgear.com
Old 09-05-2007, 05:16 PM

Does anyone have any real information on the Google phone rumors?
Old 09-05-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have any real information on the Google phone rumors?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you Google for Google phone and click on News, you will see several articles today. Yup, Googling even works for stuff about Google. Here's one article.

This is what I find really interesting...
"Last month, the Wall Street Journal reported that Google is exploring the idea of introducing an advertising supported phone. Instead of paying a monthly service fee, users of this device would listen to or look at advertisements. Exactly how this will work is not yet known."

A phone with a free/really cheap service plan would be sweet if they could figure out how to do the ads without being overly annoying. Not sure how they'd do that though.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:47 PM

I went to the store and got $200 back, it took about 1 minute.
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If I wasn't the first on the block to have an iphone, at least i am the first to have a $400 iphone!
Old 09-05-2007, 05:51 PM

And just in case you people who bought expensive iPhones weren't peeved enough already, the Apple store is offering the last of the 4 GB phones for $299 while supplies last:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...rt=MA501LL%2FA
Old 09-05-2007, 06:10 PM

This $200 iPhone drop keeps bonking through my thought process. This is just an insane drop. Yes I know I bought it at launch, so you get what you pay for. I gave up my cash, in return for an electronic. So yeah, I set myself up.

I think when it comes to electronics, for most items, it is unexpected for ANY product to drop over 33% in price not even in 12 weeks. I mean that is just a bit over the top. They were even running new ads over TV the past few weeks.

I could live with $50 or even $100 off. $200??? Not to mention they have you in a stranglehold with a $175 phone cancel fee. It seriously is digusting.

Apple really did swindle 1 million new iPhone customers.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:16 PM

How can you guys be so insulted and surprised by the price drop? Did you really think a $600 phone was going to be competitive in the market?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This $200 iPhone drop keeps bonking through my thought process. This is just an insane drop. Yes I know I bought it at launch, so you get what you pay for. I gave up my cash, in return for an electronic. So yeah, I set myself up.

I think when it comes to electronics, for most items, it is unexpected for ANY product to drop over 33% in price not even in 12 weeks. I mean that is just a bit over the top. They were even running new ads over TV the past few weeks.

I could live with $50 or even $100 off. $200??? Not to mention they have you in a stranglehold with a $175 phone cancel fee. It seriously is digusting.

Apple really did swindle 1 million new iPhone customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Swindled? C'mon. I guarantee one of the appeals for a large portion of early iphone buyers was that they would be the owners of a cool looking product that a large portion of the population could not afford. I'm not accusing you of being one of those people, but I'm not sympathetic towards people who spent money on an obviously overpriced status symbol. Your iphone is not as cool anymore now that a lot more people can afford it. Get over it and lineup overnight to buy the next overpriced gadget so you can show that off to everyone else.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:18 PM

People paid $200 to be the cool kids on the block for 2 months...they'll do it again too. No surprise, no big deal