Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 07:46 AM

Default Re: iPhone

Ok, so far this phone DOES appear to want to 'rejuvinate' the phone industry - but to do so it MUST have a HIGHLY functionable keyboard.

Jobs claims that the touchscreen keyboard types more fluidly/faster than a standard button qwerty seen on the Treo or Q. This is going to the the ultimate decision maker. REMEMBER NO STYLUS! Fingers only. I have a hard time using a regular touch screen to dial numbers on the Treo. I have absolutely no illusions about typing on 1/4" keys on a touchscreen keyboard.

Price tag is nice too, 599 for 8gig when you sign up. This means that for non-cingular re-ups (unlocked versions), it costs about the same as one of their 13" macbook laptops (1k)
Old 01-10-2007, 09:34 AM

There's a review in The New York Times by a writer who played with an iphone for about an hour.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:55 AM

just look at the whole presentation here and you will understand why this is THE BALLA!!!!
APPLE PRESENTATION

probably the best presenter in the world, i think ive seen them all and all of them are really really good.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:16 AM

I hate when companies release things in Europe after other markets. This won't be out in the UK until October. I assume I can't use the US version here?
Old 01-10-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate when companies release things in Europe after other markets. This won't be out in the UK until October. I assume I can't use the US version here?

[/ QUOTE ]

West Coast bias.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:00 PM

I just finished watching the entire iPhone presentation on apple.com. The thing is very nice and seems very functional when Jobs was running through the demo. For all computer geeks, the custom silicon must be pretty sweet since it pretty much is a handheld computer. If the hardware is open, the possibilities are ENDLESS what you can program with OS X. Hack the thing to run your Mac apps.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just finished watching the entire iPhone presentation on apple.com. The thing is very nice and seems very functional when Jobs was running through the demo. For all computer geeks, the custom silicon must be pretty sweet since it pretty much is a handheld computer. If the hardware is open, the possibilities are ENDLESS what you can program with OS X. Hack the thing to run your Mac apps.

[/ QUOTE ]
exactly!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a review in The New York Times by a writer who played with an iphone for about an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Using Google Maps to get you driving directions and maps, for example, is just light-years simpler and more powerful than on any other machine, thanks to this “rubber Web page” stretching technology."

I like the sound of that.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Using Google Maps to get you driving directions and maps, for example, is just light-years simpler and more powerful than on any other machine, thanks to this “rubber Web page” stretching technology."

[/ QUOTE ]
Does it have GPS built in?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Does it have GPS built in?

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt it. But for $100, you can get a bluetooth gps hockeypuck that'll do the gpsing for you.
-Sam