Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Any major leaks how I played this??

[ QUOTE ]
It's a 22 dollar tournament and you are playing a breakeven low-stakes player. You raised preflop in position. People play horribly and over-value hands oop in raised pots. This is the reason we raise in position and play tight oop. You are giving villain way too much credit.

We don't have a read that villain doesn't play marginal hands this way. We have tptk on a dry board in a 22. Some villains are just not capable of making a normal-sized raise. It doesn't automatically mean "i have the nuts." I'm sure I could dig up plenty of hh's where i get 4bet or 5bet and villain is just over-playing top pair or some garbage draw. It's just such a standard play at this buyin level.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bolded parts are soooooooooo true. At first it was hard for me to break the common "min re raise=nuts" way of thinking, but after you look people up often enough you will find that MOST PEOPLE just don't understand how to bet. So it's not really some crazy nutty hand most of the time, it's middle pair, a draw, or a bluff trying to "save" chips.